LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Other *NIX Forums > Solaris / OpenSolaris
User Name
Password
Solaris / OpenSolaris This forum is for the discussion of Solaris, OpenSolaris, OpenIndiana, and illumos.
General Sun, SunOS and Sparc related questions also go here. Any Solaris fork or distribution is welcome.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
PelliX

Distribution: Debian, Red Hat/Fedora, Solaris, DD-WRT, NetBSD, Mac OS8/9, Mac OSX, UMP/OS, ESX

Rep: Reputation: 15
Solaris 10 / listen on multiple ports

Hello,

I have a Solaris 10 SPARC box running Asterisk 1.6 (I wrote a thread about that, too). The SIP service is using the default (UDP 5060) port and works fine. I also have an IP base station that supports multiple handsets, each with their own SIP account. Currently, I have 4 of a maximum of 6 handsets connected to it, and they all work fine individually. Every extension/handset is a member of a queue. Unfortunately, the base station has some 'issues' when all 4 extensions are rung from the queue simultaneously, and Asterisk gets the odd "Busy Here" back from it. My guess (based on some experience with Linksys PAP2T's) is that it would work fine if I configured each SIP account to use a seperate port (5060, 5061, 5062, etc). I can do this easily on a Linux box using iptables and redirecting 5061-5063 to 5060 inbound. Asterisk appears to be unable to listen on multiple ports. I would like to set up a similar rule using the Solaris ipf facility, but I can't seem to get it to work without setting up NAT (ipnat.conf).
To make a long story short; am I missing something here, or doesn't Solaris (10) support a 'simple port redirect' without setting up NAT?

Many thanks in advance,

PelliX

Old 02-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
PelliX

Distribution: Debian, Red Hat/Fedora, Solaris, DD-WRT, NetBSD, Mac OS8/9, Mac OSX, UMP/OS, ESX

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Well, the 'port seperation' seems to have fixed the issue. I have NAT in use, using three simple rules to redirect incoming traffic (ports 5061-5063) to the box's own IP on port 5060. It would have been possible to achieve the same by using the existing NAT to another subnet or the Internet, but that would be messy and might increase latency. I don't really see a problem with this current configuration, so I'm fine with it.

Thanks,

PelliX