LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Incognito
User Name
Password
Incognito This forum is for the discussion of Incognito Linux.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
anonym
Incognito Maintainer

Distribution: Gentoo

Rep: Reputation: 26
Incognito is dead! Long live T(A)ILS!

Well, at least the old Gentoo-based Incognito is no longer maintained or developed. Incognito has merged with a similar Debian-based live distro project called amnesia, resulting in The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System, or simply T(A)ILS. Go check it out! The old Incognito is dangerously out-dated any way.

Note that any questions about T(A)ILS should be done at the T(A)ILS forum, not here.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
ronlau9

Distribution: Mandriva 2009 X86_64 suse 11.3 X86_64 Centos X86_64 Debian X86_64 Linux MInt 86_64 OS X

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Why I get the warning from firefox "The connection is untrusted "
What is so special about the the website ?

Old 04-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
anonym
Incognito Maintainer

Distribution: Gentoo

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlau9 View Post
Why I get the warning from firefox "The connection is untrusted "
What is so special about the the website ?
It's because neither your operating system nor your web browser include CAcert's certificate, which is used for authenticating the T(A)ILS website and encrypting your connection to it. It should be pretty safe to just ignore the warning and choose to proceed anyway, but installing the certificate is a better idea and will prevent you from getting the warning in the future.

The CAcert certificate can be downloaded here. Here's a quick breakdown of what to do depending on your web browser:
For other browsers I do not know exactly what to do, but I'm pretty sure the procedure is close to any of the above instructions.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
dragoraexpirafuego

Distribution: TAILS, Dragora, BLAG, Parabola, Trisquel, Guix, gNewSense, Kali, PHLAK, BackBox, BlackArch, Slackwar

Rep: Reputation: 0
why is TAILS not listed as free software????

Old 10-15-2018, 01:15 AM   #5
bscho

Distribution: Mint 20, Kali, Peppermint, Ubuntu, MakuluFlash, Fedora 32, Windows 12 Lite, MakuluLinux

Rep: Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonym View Post
Well, at least the old Gentoo-based Incognito is no longer maintained or developed. Incognito has merged with a similar Debian-based live distro project called amnesia, resulting in The (Amnesic) Incognito Live System, or simply T(A)ILS. Go check it out! The old Incognito is dangerously out-dated any way.

Note that any questions about T(A)ILS should be done at the T(A)ILS forum, not here.
Seems the forum is dead too.