LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 04:58 PM   #16
bore-lee
LQ Newbie

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac View Post
Audio CDs are created completely different from data CDs, you may not see anything in a file manager because they don't have a normal file system on them.

Did you try playing it in a CD player?
So, let me explain. I have a ssd and a hdd. My linux install is on the ssd, and my old windows install is on the hdd. I took out my ssd and put in my hdd to test if it would burn. Turns out its a hardware problem. This can't be fixed.

Old 03-30-2020, 05:47 AM   #17
ondoho
LQ Addict

Rep: Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790Reputation: 3790
Quote:
Originally Posted by bore-lee View Post
So, let me explain. I have a ssd and a hdd. My linux install is on the ssd, and my old windows install is on the hdd. I took out my ssd and put in my hdd to test if it would burn. Turns out its a hardware problem. This can't be fixed.
Erm.
Are we being pranked here?
Neither an SSD nor an HDD is a CD, it can't be burned with software, only with fire.

Old 03-30-2020, 06:50 AM   #18
mdlinuxwolf

Distribution: Mepis and Fedora, also Mandrake and SuSE PC-BSD Mint Solaris 11 express

Rep: Reputation: 42
Try doing this with different desktops. Maybe use cinnamon or plasma or MATE. You can easily install more then one desktop environment and swithc between them. They all have their own unique coding for multimedia and hardware drivers in some cases. If it won't burn in Gnome, (which has given me problems bigtime in the past) try one of the 3 I listed. LXDE and XFCE are also good and I've had no issues burning disks with either of these, but they are lightweight desktops. Still, if you think your hardware or RAM is being overtaxed, either of those might also be worth a try.

Mint does the same thing with networking. Some desktops will seemlessly get online to wireless. Others drop like crazy and run terrible, but that's another story.