LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Networking
User Name
Password
Linux - Networking This forum is for any issue related to networks or networking.
Routing, network cards, OSI, etc. Anything is fair game.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2003, 04:15 PM   #1
ills0n
LQ Newbie

Distribution: RedHat 9

Rep: Reputation: 0
sftp problem: corrupted mac on input

hi all --

i'm having an issue doing sftp transfers with large (>6mb) files between my Powerbook g4 running os x and my pc running redhat 9 (smaller files have been transferring ok). i'm running both apache and sshd on the linux box -- both machines are behind a linksys NAT firewall which connects out to a cable modem. i've been logging into the linux box through terminal in os x, using sftp. for file transfers >6 mb, i keep getting an early termination of the put, with a message:

Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
Broken pipe
[Computer:~] Me%

what should i make of this? is there anything i can do to help? the powerbook and linux box are both hooked into a linksys hub, which is uplinked to the linksys NAT box. b/c they're both linked by short cat5e cables to the hub, i'd hope that wiring isn't the issue...

any similar experiences/advice is greatly appreciated.

cheers,

ted

Last edited by ills0n; 09-02-2003 at 04:17 PM.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
mbogosian
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: 0
Lightbulb

You might try here:

http://thekulp.com/node/26

Just in case my response comment doesn't make the moderation cut there, I'll repost it (spelling errors and all) here, though I'm unsure of the value in the Linux Networking forum :

Quote:
I was experiencing the same symptom consistently occuring after trying to send more than a few kilobytes using scp or rsync (although ssh seemed to work fine). I was using OpenSSH 3.9p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.7e with Cygwin on Windows XP with a MSI Neo2-P motherboard which has an integrated RealTek RTL8169/8110 Gigabit Ethernet NIC. However, in my case, the solution was completely different. I'm posting it here in case someone else experiences the same problem....

Apparently when installing the drivers, the "Offload TCP_LargeSend" driver property defaulted to "Enabled" (on Windows, this can be found in the NIC's entry in the device manager under the "Advanced" tab). Disabling this property alleviated the problem.

I don't know what the analogous setting in Linux (or another OS) is, but if made available by the driver, I'm sure one can find it by hunting around in the configs/sources.

I hope this helps!