LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2018, 05:04 AM   #1
thelinuxwil
LQ Newbie

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Talking on premise linux server repo

i have to create a repository server which contain Redhat, Kubernetes, Docker repositories. This repository server should be able to download all the repos and then from this repository server i should be able to install updates, software on other servers through YUM but these servers are not on the internet all servers in my infra should be able to get everything from repository server.
--> OS is Redhat 7.5 but i dont have enough budget for RH Satellite.
--> i dont want to configure CD to have repo ( else it is the only option )

Old 12-12-2018, 06:22 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelinuxwil View Post
i have to create a repository server which contain Redhat, Kubernetes, Docker repositories. This repository server should be able to download all the repos and then from this repository server i should be able to install updates, software on other servers through YUM but these servers are not on the internet all servers in my infra should be able to get everything from repository server.
--> OS is Redhat 7.5 but i dont have enough budget for RH Satellite.
--> i dont want to configure CD to have repo ( else it is the only option )
(Bolded a part for emphasis only)

If you're using RHEL 7.5, are you paying for it?? If not, you WILL NOT get those updates to push out, regardless of what you use. If you are paying for it, and had contacted Red Hat support, they might have suggested an alternative called Spacewalk. And while you may not WANT to use a CD/DVD for a repository, you may have to if you don't want to pay.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #3
berndbausch
LQ Addict

Distribution: Mostly Ubuntu and Centos

Rep: Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002Reputation: 2002
It's not clear what you question is. You say you want to create repositories for RedHat, Kubernetes, Docker. For RedHat, see TB0ne's answer. For Kubernetes and Docker, do you want repositories of the Kubernetes and Docker software, do you want registries?

I suggest you read Kubernetes and Docker documentation and ask specific questions after that.