LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Home Forums Tutorials Articles Register
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #31
TB0ne
LQ Guru

Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS

Rep: Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965Reputation: 7965

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
Yet you didn't seem to appreciate that it requires only one line of configuration (Mailhub) (excellent!), so it works perfectly and beautifully for all machines but the server. But that it can't work on the server because it can't separate and deliver to local addresses (bad). That is, mail to "user@box.com" must be forwarded to my provider, but to "user@box" must be delivered to a mailbox on the server named "box".
Sorry, no. You are still not seeing what you're missing, and I'm not going to try to explain it again, as myself and others have several times.
Quote:
All I've gotten from you is animosity. You seem to HATE me for my bad opinion of sendmail. It's as if I've slapped you in the face for rejecting it and you can't tolerate that.
Amazing how you can't address the comments you made, nor point out any similar comments I've made towards you. Yet the 'animosity' is coming from me? I don't 'hate' whatever you choose to use. Enjoy...as I said in my previous post, good luck. You've reinvented the wheel (in this case), spending three years to do something that was already done. If you're happy with it, have fun. I don't care what you use, where, for what.
Quote:
If this were a Microsoft world, I could almost understand because Windows users seem to think there's only one right and approved way to do anything. But the hallmark of Linux is that there's more than one way to do anything and everything, with varying degrees of benefit depending on your objectives. Freedom. Choices, and lots of them. But apparently not in your mind.
Again, you seem to want to rant about things and insult me, and I'm certain you'll accuse me of more animosity. Yes, you CAN do lots of different things, in lots of different ways. That doesn't make them good ideas. Running yet another service/daemon/program/whatever on a system and giving an administrator *YET ONE MORE THING* to configure and babysit doesn't do them any favors, especially when it duplicates built-in services and programs that are already on the system. Sorry, it just doesn't.
Quote:
I sure hope we're done with this thread.
If that was the case, you wouldn't have reopened this thread after three years.

Again, good luck.