LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Mandriva (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/mandriva-30/)
-   -   Mandrake 10 upgrade Apache (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/mandriva-30/mandrake-10-upgrade-apache-231209/)

igbe 09-16-2004 01:28 AM

Mandrake 10 upgrade Apache
 
All,

Running apache 2.0.48 that came with the Mandrake 10 install, but looking over some of the fixes I would like to upgrade to 2.0.51 but keep all my modules and settings in tact. Would an RPM do this on its own? Is one available to do this? If not.....

1) Can this be done?
2) How can it be done? (Anyone got a site with details that would help out)

Thanks!

John

Boudewijn 09-16-2004 05:50 PM

You can do it two ways when using URPMI (if not, tell me):

1st way:

urpmi.updatemedia -a;
urpmi --update --auto --autoselect

This isn't specific for apache, but updates your whole box (if you've defined an updated mirror (please tell if you don't know how to do that)).
urpmi apache2 --update should work if you'd like to upgrade apache only.

If that doesn't work, you can uninstall apache and reinstall the new version:


go to the console, login as root (su) and type rpmdrake-remove
then remove apache. Aftre that type urpmi apache2 .... that's all

igbe 09-16-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boudewijn
You can do it two ways when using URPMI (if not, tell me):

1st way:

urpmi.updatemedia -a;
urpmi --update --auto --autoselect

This isn't specific for apache, but updates your whole box (if you've defined an updated mirror (please tell if you don't know how to do that)).
urpmi apache2 --update should work if you'd like to upgrade apache only.

If that doesn't work, you can uninstall apache and reinstall the new version:


go to the console, login as root (su) and type rpmdrake-remove
then remove apache. Aftre that type urpmi apache2 .... that's all

I get all updates are installed but Apache remains 2.0.48. The urpmi apache2 --update command also says everything is installed. Am I setup for the wrong mirror or something?

Thanks,

John

Boudewijn 09-16-2004 07:21 PM

I just took a look at rpm.pbone.net and rpmfind.net --> both did not have a recent apache

SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.0/suse/i586/apache2-2.0.48-9.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.1/suse/i586/apache2-2.0.49-23.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.1/rpm/i586/apache2-2.0.49-27.11.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.1/rpm/i586/apache2-2.0.49-27.14.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/9.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-6.1.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/9.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-6.1.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/8.2-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/8.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/9.0-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/8.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/8.2-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/9.0-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
ALTLinux ftp.altlinux.ru/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus/files/i586/RPMS/apache2-2.0.50-alt3.i586.rpm

Is from rpm.pbone.net (this is the newest). So I guess almost no mirrors containt apache 2.0.51

You can do 2 things:

Compile it yourself (it isn't hard, i can help you if you like)

or wat for the RPM to be released (can take some time :( , and is slower)

igbe 09-16-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boudewijn
I just took a look at rpm.pbone.net and rpmfind.net --> both did not have a recent apache

SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.0/suse/i586/apache2-2.0.48-9.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.1/suse/i586/apache2-2.0.49-23.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.1/rpm/i586/apache2-2.0.49-27.11.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.1/rpm/i586/apache2-2.0.49-27.14.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/9.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-6.1.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/9.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-6.1.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/8.2-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/8.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/9.0-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/people/poeml/apache2/8.1-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 8.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/8.2-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
SuSE 9.X ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/apache/apache2/9.0-i386/apache2-2.0.50-7.i586.rpm
ALTLinux ftp.altlinux.ru/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus/files/i586/RPMS/apache2-2.0.50-alt3.i586.rpm

Is from rpm.pbone.net (this is the newest). So I guess almost no mirrors containt apache 2.0.51

You can do 2 things:

Compile it yourself (it isn't hard, i can help you if you like)

or wat for the RPM to be released (can take some time :( , and is slower)

I don't mind doing a compile, allows me to learn more that way I think. I just want to make sure my current Vhost, websites, config files to export stats and stuff, and installed modules are not changed or update to work with version .51. If it goes 100% I can do a ghost restore as well.

Thanks!

John

Boudewijn 09-17-2004 01:22 AM

Ok, then download the sources (apache.org) and follow the instructions (usually in the INSTALL file)

igbe 09-17-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Boudewijn
Ok, then download the sources (apache.org) and follow the instructions (usually in the INSTALL file)
Ok easy enough, it wants me to run ./configure --prefix= path to apache

Is this /etc/httpd or the /etc/httpd/2.0 sub directory. Not sure what path it means. It also talks about a config.nice file, that is not on my system anywhere.

Think I am getting close to trying just want to make sure, thanks for the help.

John


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.