LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Mandriva
User Name
Password
Mandriva This Forum is for the discussion of Mandriva (Mandrake) Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
irajjs
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2010
Location: Tehran , Iran
Distribution: Mandriva 2012
Posts: 193
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Question considering the present existing situation , how do i transfer my registered domain t


Hi
I have registered a domain(irajjs.com) more than 2 years ago ,since that time i haven,t been able to manage that domain as i wanted ..i want to transfer my domain to my PC but as i knew i must have a permanent IP address...unfortunately at present time it is not possible for me to get a permanent IP address...
for this i tried to download a software which makes it possible to connect to internet without IP but the download page was filtered by internet providers here.
Now my question is : how to transfer my registered domain ? and if my host name is "localhost.localdomain"(i am going to change it to : mldl.localdomain) what could/would/should be that name after/during the domain transfer
Please help
 
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
pingu
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Skuttunge SWEDEN
Distribution: Debian preferably
Posts: 1,350

Rep: Reputation: 127Reputation: 127
First of all, you do not own the domain "irajjs.com", it is unregistered.
So start with buying it.
For the ip problem, you could try DynDNS - there are several providers out there, some free some cost.
I guess you're behind a firewall of some kind, hopefully it has a dyndns configure option.
You'll also need to use NAT (port-forwarding) to get traffic to your server.
 
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
irajjs
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2010
Location: Tehran , Iran
Distribution: Mandriva 2012
Posts: 193

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Unhappy I think i have registered and bought "www.irajjs.com" but still no hosting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu View Post
First of all, you do not own the domain "www.irajjs.com", it is unregistered.
So start with buying it.
For the ip problem, you could try DynDNS - there are several providers out there, some free some cost.
I guess you're behind a firewall of some kind, hopefully it has a dyndns configure option.
You'll also need to use NAT (port-forwarding) to get traffic to your server.
Amazing! how did you know that i do not own irajjs.com ?
In more than two years ago i decided to get a domain so i tried by searching first...i tried to buy from Yahoo! because i liked that site but unfortunately they did not sell it to me because of sanction problems(i live in Iran)..then i searched a lot until i could find a site(www.blacknight.com) they registered and sold me my domain for 2years after 2 year recently i renewed that and paid again for 2 more years . theses processes took a lot of my time and energy(considering the slow internet and credit card and Bank problems here)...Now! you say that i haven't registered that?!
unfortunately i haven't been able to manage a web hosting mostly because i could not afford that! also because i had no internet access for a long time besides i do not want to be controlled by another site who provides hosting because of a bad experience in getting a free website...etc but as i know this domain is on the sync on blacknight.com and i have gone to control panel on that site(blacknight.com) to check my account..etc
it is a long time that i have decided to transfer my domain to my computer but not knowing how and internet problems here prevented me to do that
I do not know if i can solve the ip problems by the DynDNS or not because of my location
I also do not know about NAT but i am going to try what you say
Thank you!

Last edited by irajjs; 10-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.
 
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
pingu
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Skuttunge SWEDEN
Distribution: Debian preferably
Posts: 1,350

Rep: Reputation: 127Reputation: 127
I checked the domain with "whois" in a terminal:
Code:
pingu@edgar:~$ whois irajjs.com
Whois Server Version 2.0
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.
No match for "IRAJJS.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 05:48:07 UTC <<<
If you paid for 2 years plus another 2 years I'm afraid you might have been fooled.
But then, you say you can login to your account and manage the domain? Please do that and post a screenshot!
 
Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
irajjs
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2010
Location: Tehran , Iran
Distribution: Mandriva 2012
Posts: 193

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Exclamation see the attachment please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu View Post
I checked the domain with "whois" in a terminal:
Code:
pingu@edgar:~$ whois irajjs.com
Whois Server Version 2.0
Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.
No match for "IRAJJS.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 05:48:07 UTC <<<
If you paid for 2 years plus another 2 years I'm afraid you might have been fooled.
But then, you say you can login to your account and manage the domain? Please do that and post a screenshot!
Hi
Now what?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mydomain.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	10851  
 
Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
pingu
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Skuttunge SWEDEN
Distribution: Debian preferably
Posts: 1,350

Rep: Reputation: 127Reputation: 127
I think you're paying for webhosting, not for the domainname.
Thing is, you can add a domainname you don't yet own to a webhosting-account. This is because if for instance you want to move a site to new webhost, you'll want to create the actual site in new location before the domain is moved.
May I ask, how much did you pay?
 
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
irajjs
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2010
Location: Tehran , Iran
Distribution: Mandriva 2012
Posts: 193

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
it has been domain name registration but....!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu View Post
I think you're paying for webhosting, not for the domainname.
Thing is, you can add a domainname you don't yet own to a webhosting-account. This is because if for instance you want to move a site to new webhost, you'll want to create the actual site in new location before the domain is moved.
May I ask, how much did you pay?
As i said before i started with domain name registration and still i haven't a hosting account you can see that in the attachment table that i sent in my previous post ...as you see under the domain name title the link to "irajjs.com" is seen but under the hosting title there is noting ...yes i know that i must make a webpage but i think i can start with a very simple one(even a text file would be enough for starting)....
there are disorders,mysteries, unknown ,unexplained , problems yet on the internet! i used another computer to visit the blacknight.com anonymously and then searched for the domain"irajjs.com" ...outcome was astonishing because it said this domain is available for registration!! i do not understand! if they have registered that in my name then how they are going to sell it to someone else!! i am going to contact support in that site and ask for explanation but it would take time as i said i am using a very slow internet with a lot of problems!
There are much more things to say but considering slow internet i just answer your question about payment amount ...i do not exactly remember now but it was less than 20 Euro for each time registration( although there are records/emails which i can refer to for finding the exact amount if needed)
still i do not know how to transfer my domain without having a constant IP address also i do not have a clear understanding about the transfer steps specially considering the warnings in the blacknight site about losing ..what and what! ...i do not remember exact words i also do not know about the host name and how would it be configured...for example in my PC current host name is : "localhost.localdomain" which i have tried to change it to "mldl.localdomain" and still not succeeded(see my other post about "how to change host name")..then if i try to transfer "irajjs.com" to mldl.localdomain or localhost.localdomain considering that irajjs.com is a domain itself then what would be the outcome? i mean ..will be irajjs.com a subdomain of localhost.localdomain/mldl.locadomain or what? should i do any changes in hostname for a better configuration ?
 
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
pingu
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jul 2004
Location: Skuttunge SWEDEN
Distribution: Debian preferably
Posts: 1,350

Rep: Reputation: 127Reputation: 127
About 20 Euro for two years, yes that's about the cost for a domain registration. Webhosting would cost a lot more,
"as you see under the domain name title the link to "irajjs.com" is seen but under the hosting title there is noting" Yes you're right, sorry I didn't quite notice that.
So it seems you actually purchased the domain.

To start with, as you said yourself you must definitely contact them immediately.
I have no idea what's going on, Blacknight looks like a decent company but then who am I to know.
Make sure you have the receipts from the payments ready.

Once you have the domain we can talk about transferring / pointing it, but that is not your problem of today.
Secure the domain, then we'll fix the rest.
(And you don't need to change anything on your PC, it's just a question of pointing.)
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WinXP cannot registered to Domain itlinx Linux - Server 2 05-02-2010 10:31 AM
Changing to registered domain from sub for a site resetreset Linux - Networking 1 07-29-2008 08:31 AM
Setting up a Registered Domain teejaytimms Linux - Server 5 10-01-2006 09:47 AM
Webserver for my registered domain singh_ravinder Linux - Networking 1 05-17-2003 06:35 AM
Has anybody here registered a domain? Dark_Helmet Linux - Networking 20 03-14-2003 01:04 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Mandriva

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration