LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Latest LQ Deals
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password
LQ Suggestions & Feedback Do you have a suggestion for this site or an idea that will make the site better? This forum is for you.
PLEASE READ THIS FORUM - Information and status updates will also be posted here.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #16
cynwulf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2005
Location: Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Distribution: OpenBSD
Posts: 2,345
Blog Entries: 6

Rep: Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695

This is an OP who wants others use up their free time to walk him through, step by step, fixing his self inflicted broken mess of copied and pasted script and configuration snippets - all aimed at fixing various bluetooth and wifi disconnection problems, in the worst possible way. It is the classic approach of:

"I will tell you how [I want you to] to fix my problem, now do the research and work for me, based on the mess I've already created"

aka

"Here is my proposed solution, implement it for me"

They also commit the heinous crime of changing the OS distribution - mid thread...

But let there be no doubt about your role in helping such users... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
Your help was very useful to me, so you have to decide whether to drop the false expectations and help me further as a gift.
Thank you in advance
(At least this particular OP is eventually honest about it)

Looking at some of the threads, I would not have entertained answering them without a full dmesg output from the start, plus detailed info on the hardware and what had been attempted.

From only a (very) superficial observation and skim - knowing nothing about the hardware and nothing about driver, etc and assuming it's the same hardware being discussed throughout - the wifi and the bluetooth are both timing out and wifi and bluetooth often coming as part of the same wifi/bluethooth chipset - I would immediately see and suspect the connection there and rule out a hardware or driver problem there first before trying anything else.

The root causes could well be the same, that has not been ruled out, but instead we have two threads about (I am assuming) the same hardware talking about two timeout related problems and the OP's immediate decision that copied and pasted scripts to restart things which keep timing out is the way forward... and we have a user wasting his time and effort in responding to those threads.
 
4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #17
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,208

Rep: Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
@dugan
So English is neither your first language
The phrasing you want is "So English is not your first language either"

Last edited by dugan; 10-16-2019 at 04:28 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:02 AM   #18
ondoho
LQ Addict
 
Registered: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,785
Blog Entries: 9

Rep: Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
But let there be no doubt about your role in helping such users... :

(At least this particular OP is eventually honest about it)
I'm not sure that's a good thing.
If you're not conscious about your behaviour, there's room for improvement, but if you are conscious and "rationalise" it in such an elaborate manner:
Quote:
You are very wrong thinking I care about effectively writing the script instead of copying/pasting some portions of a simple code snippet found in the very pages YOU TWO kindly linked in your posts.
It's a very simple cycle, I copied some lines of code and personalized it.
I think you are still in the 90's, nowadays sites like stackoverflow has the precise purpose to generate traffic by means of hosting even the simplest questions, because a correct answer is always rewarded. And forums wants traffic too, even if it is from newbies.
Maybe your recurring observations are caused by a wish about the forum rewarding you.
So you just have to open a thread and ask to the forum owners to introduce some upvote/downvote system (so also trolling can be sanctionated and not tolerated anymore), point rewards etc, and not only calculated reputation.
To sum up, I am here to be helped, not to demonstrate my good will.
Your help was very useful to me, so you have to decide whether to drop the false expectations and help me further as a gift.
Thank you in advance


In any case, I'm done trying to alleviate OP's "pains" - not because of that particular gem, but because since post #13 of this thread there's no doubt in my mind: they don't want support, their mind was set from the start - against. Against who or what, I do not know. "Them" probably.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:47 AM   #19
cynwulf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2005
Location: Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Distribution: OpenBSD
Posts: 2,345
Blog Entries: 6

Rep: Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoho View Post
I'm not sure that's a good thing.
It's not - I was attempting irony...
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 AM   #20
P5music
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2010
Posts: 111

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Dear forum users, I do not want any action to be taken here.
I informed you, because this is a feedback subforum. That's all.

Just you are looking at the finger, not at the moon.

The fact is clear.
Is the argument caused by "the person" on purpose?
Yes, because I expect a person would ignore post on other forums about the same subject. No doubt it is the same person, if you have the will to admit it. No person would open a new account on UF just to answer my question with the same style and concepts of what is found here.

Said that, the violation of LQ rules is evident.
Not only a feud on LQ was brought to another forum, but also the feud there was brought here back, and that caused further fuss here as the closing of my thread and this very thread are proving.

Using the "stalking" word that I did not mention here and that does not describe my complaint about "fake alias used" on SO is further proof. None would have used that word if not read elsewhere.

The violation is clear because the help is only apparent, and many false statements were issued about the provided information, ignoring or turning the information and the replies upside-down.
Endless ranting about a few-lines script, whether it was created by me or not, is bad too.

So it was a general bad conduct, in fact ending in causing other forum users be punished like me.
Doing nothing for long time, and having regard to a person that repeatedly has a bad behaviour (in the end causing reaction by others inevitably), is not a good moderator's conduct too.

As I said numberous times, the wifi works with other networks and with wifi tethering from my phone (and, again, other users confirm the problem), so it does not timeout like the the bluetooth. The bluetooth issue is very common for Linux users.
 
Old 10-17-2019, 07:04 AM   #21
jsbjsb001
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: Earth? I would say I hope so but I'm not so sure about that... I could just be a figment of your imagination too.
Distribution: Currently OpenMandriva. Previously openSUSE, PCLinuxOS, CentOS, among others over the years.
Posts: 3,227

Rep: Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663Reputation: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
Dear forum users, I do not want any action to be taken here.
I informed you, because this is a feedback subforum. That's all.
...
Clearly, and this is what was said before.

Quote:
The fact is clear.
Is the argument caused by "the person" on purpose?
Yes, because I expect a person would ignore post on other forums about the same subject. No doubt it is the same person, if you have the will to admit it. No person would open a new account on UF just to answer my question with the same style and concepts of what is found here.
Is it?
Clearly, and as said before, your mind is already made up despite what anyone else says. So it kinda defeats the point in asking "what can be done?" to my way of thinking.

Quote:
Said that, the violation of LQ rules is evident.
Not only a feud on LQ was brought to another forum, but also the feud there was brought here back, and that caused further fuss here as the closing of my thread and this very thread are proving.
...
It maybe "evident" to you, but clearly it isn't to anyone else here. Exactly what rule has been broken here? As I see no rule that says "LQ members cannot be members of other forums". I've not even seen a rule about cross-posting the same problem on other forums - which you would be guilty of breaking if there was such a rule. Also, the LQ rules relate to THIS forum, and you have not proven that this "same person" is in fact the "same person".

I've also gotta say, I think we all know which LQ member you're referring to/accusing here, and while yes, they are blunt when a poster has not provided proper info, ignored what they've already been told, etc; they don't strike me as someone who would sign up to another forum just to "follow" and/or "troll" someone for not listening to them here on this forum, sorry.

The rest of what you say, looks much like babble to me, so I won't make any more comment...
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #22
ondoho
LQ Addict
 
Registered: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,785
Blog Entries: 9

Rep: Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
the violation of LQ rules is evident.
Not only a feud on LQ was brought to another forum, but also the feud there was brought here back, and that caused further fuss here as the closing of my thread and this very thread are proving.
(...)
The violation is clear because the help is only apparent, and many false statements were issued about the provided information, ignoring or turning the information and the replies upside-down.
Endless ranting about a few-lines script, whether it was created by me or not, is bad too.

So it was a general bad conduct, in fact ending in causing other forum users be punished like me.
Doing nothing for long time, and having regard to a person that repeatedly has a bad behaviour (in the end causing reaction by others inevitably), is not a good moderator's conduct too.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
(ducks and runs)
 
Old 10-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #23
ChuangTzu
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2015
Location: Where ever needed
Distribution: Slackware/Salix while testing others
Posts: 1,484

Rep: Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
Dear forum users, I do not want any action to be taken here.
I informed you, because this is a feedback subforum. That's all.

Just you are looking at the finger, not at the moon.

The fact is clear.
Is the argument caused by "the person" on purpose?
Yes, because I expect a person would ignore post on other forums about the same subject. No doubt it is the same person, if you have the will to admit it. No person would open a new account on UF just to answer my question with the same style and concepts of what is found here.

Said that, the violation of LQ rules is evident.
Not only a feud on LQ was brought to another forum, but also the feud there was brought here back, and that caused further fuss here as the closing of my thread and this very thread are proving.

Using the "stalking" word that I did not mention here and that does not describe my complaint about "fake alias used" on SO is further proof. None would have used that word if not read elsewhere.

The violation is clear because the help is only apparent, and many false statements were issued about the provided information, ignoring or turning the information and the replies upside-down.
Endless ranting about a few-lines script, whether it was created by me or not, is bad too.

So it was a general bad conduct, in fact ending in causing other forum users be punished like me.
Doing nothing for long time, and having regard to a person that repeatedly has a bad behaviour (in the end causing reaction by others inevitably), is not a good moderator's conduct too.

As I said numberous times, the wifi works with other networks and with wifi tethering from my phone (and, again, other users confirm the problem), so it does not timeout like the the bluetooth. The bluetooth issue is very common for Linux users.
Solution, create a global force to police all forums, require everyone to have an open/real-ID verified by DNA-retinal scan-fingerprint-fingerprick for blood. Is that what you had in mind to prevent someone from "following" you to another forum?

PS: https://openid.net/
 
Old 10-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #24
ChuangTzu
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2015
Location: Where ever needed
Distribution: Slackware/Salix while testing others
Posts: 1,484

Rep: Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoho View Post
run faster...

I would have preferred this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRG2jlQWCsY
 
Old 10-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #25
berndbausch
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2013
Location: Tokyo
Distribution: A few
Posts: 3,624

Rep: Reputation: 979Reputation: 979Reputation: 979Reputation: 979Reputation: 979Reputation: 979Reputation: 979Reputation: 979
You say that account jimmyrus was created on the Ubuntu forum to follow you. If that is the case, why do I see jimmyrus answering other questions from other users? Are they following them as well, or feuding with them?
 
Old 10-18-2019, 05:24 AM   #26
P5music
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2010
Posts: 111

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
You have been informed.
I am not interested in convincing you if you do not want to see evidence.
Now I put the thread as solved.
Sorry not to watch your videos, I am in a public place so I do not know what images can be seen on my screen, so I avoided clicking.
I will not use Linux for a while.
 
Old 10-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #27
cynwulf
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2005
Location: Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Distribution: OpenBSD
Posts: 2,345
Blog Entries: 6

Rep: Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695Reputation: 1695
Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
You have been informed.
There was no need to inform anyone of anything. There is no legitimacy in reporting users of this site here for supposedly posting elsewhere under an alias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5music View Post
I am not interested in convincing you if you do not want to see evidence.
Except there is no evidence whatsoever that it's the same user. You've simply posted baseless accusations about a member of this site supposedly "following" you to another.

Even if it were the same user, there is nothing illegal about someone registering at another forum and answering your questions. You should first identify precisely what it is you found offensive about those posts at the other forum?

What you need to be "informed" of is that your entire approach to posting on sites such as this, will provoke similar responses - hence you may see similarities in the type of response, which does not necessarily mean that the same person is behind the user account in question.

Last edited by cynwulf; 10-18-2019 at 08:14 AM.
 
2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #28
ondoho
LQ Addict
 
Registered: Dec 2013
Posts: 12,785
Blog Entries: 9

Rep: Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480Reputation: 3480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Solution, create a global force to police all forums
...or the whole internet!
Some people really believe in that.
 
Old 10-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #29
dugan
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2003
Location: Canada
Distribution: distro hopper
Posts: 9,208

Rep: Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033Reputation: 4033
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwulf View Post
There is no legitimacy in reporting users of this site here for supposedly posting elsewhere under an alias.
Let's not give this overwrought dramatic whiny silliness any more legitimacy than it has. It's "under a different username", not "under an alias".

Last edited by dugan; 10-18-2019 at 08:49 PM.
 
Old 10-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #30
ChuangTzu
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2015
Location: Where ever needed
Distribution: Slackware/Salix while testing others
Posts: 1,484

Rep: Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522Reputation: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoho View Post
...or the whole internet!
Some people really believe in that.
You are correct as absurd as that is. Matrix becomes reality in that scenario.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LXer: FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 03-04-2015 11:20 AM
LXer: Serious Sam HD & Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Will Come To Linux LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 04-05-2014 10:25 PM
LXer: Do you want a seriousóI mean seriousódeveloper laptop? Then Dell and Ubuntu have the system fo LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 11-29-2012 04:30 PM
Copying a phpbb3 forum contents to a different forum; no admin access on source forum Maligree General 1 08-11-2008 12:45 PM
Where can I register the fact that i was the first user of linux in my city? econtrolMX LinuxQuestions.org Member Intro 2 06-30-2004 03:58 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > LinuxQuestions.org > LQ Suggestions & Feedback

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration