-   LQ Suggestions & Feedback (
-   -   Accented Characters and other "foreign language" Characters (

Mark_in_Hollywood 04-24-2007 11:29 AM

Accented Characters and other "foreign language" Characters
The shows a page:

there is no explanation of what the computer keyboard key



As in "A range of accented and other foreign-language characters are available using the "Alt Gr" key on a standard PC keyboard."

Can somebody who knows what the "Alt Gr" key is clear that up? I have no idea!

XavierP 04-24-2007 12:47 PM

On my laptop, if I look to the left and right of the space bar, I see 2 keys Alt and Alt GR. These are keys which have been around since the days of, I dunno, Tesla and Babbage. If you have a newer keyboard, you will probably have 2 Alt keys - in which case it means the right hand key.

archtoad6 04-30-2007 06:10 PM

OTOH, I have never seen such a thing here in the states -- & I go back to the transition from "valves" to transistors. It may be because I've only done 'nix on PC's.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.