$500 sign on bonus and up to $1500 relocation assistance is available
Do you have a passion for working with Linux or open source technology? Do you have a drive to provide excellent customer service and show off your troubleshooting skills?
InMotion Hosting is a growing web hosting component based in California with offices in Los Angeles and Virginia Beach, Virginia. We provide shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting to a wide variety of customers with growing network of 500+ Linux servers and even (sadly) one or two Windows machines. We are seeking 4 total Tier 2 Support Technicians to assist in system monitoring, incident resolution, and thrilling our growing customer base with excellent customer service.
What Will I Do?
• Be a part of a team committed to providing highly reliable service and strong technical expertise to our customers and coworkers
• Troubleshoot web applications and assist customers in selecting plans to match their needs
• Monitor our systems and pro-actively resolve and/or escalate alerts and/or trouble tickets
• Meet shared quality and production standards for the systems group
• Assist the systems group other departments as necessary in regular operations through mentoring, documentation and other special projects
Do You Have What It Takes?
• Good customer service skills and an honest desire to help people
• 1-2 years in a help desk environment or systems group, experience in web hosting or with hosting technologies a plus
• Strong technical troubleshooting ability and critical thinking skills
• Familiarity with the Linux/Unix commnd line and a desire to become an expert
• Confident in installing and configuring Linux/Unix (Centos/RHEL preferred)
• Previous experience installing and/or configuring Apache, PHP, Mysql (Sendmail, Exim, cPanel/WebHost manager, Java/Tomcat, Ruby on Rails are all excellent pluses)
• Experience developing/debugging/deploying simple and/or complex web applications
• Good understanding of DNS and basic network troubleshooting
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Xen, KVM, Virtuozzo/OpenVZ
Compensation is in accordance with experience.
• Free Web Hosting
• Casual Dress Code
• Free Snacks and Weekly Lunch
• Profit Sharing Twice A Year (2% to 10% of annual salary)
• Medical & Dental benefits after 90 days
• Paid Time Off
• Company Paid Holidays
• Opportunities for Advancement after 90 days
• Relaxed Working Environment
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To learn more about what InMotion Hosting has to offer visit us at:
• Find us on Facebook at Working at InMotion Hosting
• Follow us on Twitter @InMotion_Jobs