InMotion Hosting www.inmotionhosting.com
Currently, we have an opening for a Linux System Administrator
to support our customers as well as assist in deployment duties in our Los Angeles data center.
You would be working out of our Marina Del Rey office with roughly 1-2 days a week in our downtown Los Angeles Data Center and provide leadership to our existing systems team.
We provide shared hosting, VPS hosting ( with Virtuozzo), and dedicated hosting with Cpanel/Web Host Manager control panel/management interface. Our network includes 600+ Linux servers, networked power systems, routers, switches, backup raid arrays, VPNs, firewalls, VOIP servers, and even (sadly) a few Windows machines. We are continuously adding/updating equipment, and your time in the data center will often be spent adding new equipment and documenting work done.
Data center responsibilities also include splitting on call duties with two other system administrators for emergency hardware replacement.
- Expert troubleshooting skills in general and with web software
- Be familiar with automated Linux installs
- Strong understanding of web-based software (Primarily PHP driven)
- Experience with Apache, MySQL, PHP, DNS, and Mail services
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Be able to use ladders and run overhead wiring.
- Be willing to participate in on-call duties for emergencies/night shift rotation
- Able to provide leadership to less experienced system admins
- Commited to being a mentor
- Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Are detail oriented and have a high degree of ownership
- Have experience with cPanel/Web Host Manager/Virtuozzo
- Have experience with Centos/RHEL
- Have light/medium programming experience in PHP, Perl, Shell, or other system automation languages
- Experience with manually configuring Apache, Exim, MySQL, BIND
- Solid understand of Linux networking, routers, and switches
- Experience in an on call situation and familiar with monitoring systems like Nagios.
When not in the data center, you will join our systems team in troubleshooting technical issues, handling technically advanced customer contact, and reacting to issues raised by our monitoring systems. Your role in our team will be understanding our platform so as to provide a high quality of service and expert technical advice on demand to other team members as well as our customers. This will involve pushing yourself to understand configuring and optimizing software like Apache and MySql, as well as gaining a deeper understanding our shared, VPS, and dedicated platforms as whole.
- Our company is growing and a smart, hard working, and diligent person will have opportunities to advance.
- Fast paced training and self driven exposure to Linux and networks are always available!
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Unix or Linux in a professional setting is a good guideline. Individuals with web hosting experience are ideal.
- You must be familiar with installing operating systems and the tools mentioned above.
- Please mention specifically if you have experience with running Cpanel and/or Virtuozzo servers.
- You must have experience in a data center environment - racking servers, switches, power distribution units (PDUs), etc
Please Note: this is an on-site position and remote applicants will not be considered. The position does allow for some work to be performed off site on a case by case basis.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
About InMotion Hosting InMotion Hosting is a privately held web site hosting, web design, web marketing and domain registration company with offices in Los Angeles, CA and Virginia Beach, VA. We are well known in our industry for customer service and reliability. Learn more about us at http://www.inmotionhosting.com/