-   Linux - Software (
-   -   What kind of program should I use... (

r_squared 03-07-2005 01:07 AM

What kind of program should I use...
I recently installed linux fc2 on an old hard drive that has bad sectors. Is there a program like Microsoft check disk that can analyze my HD and label the bad sectors(for linux)?

JaseP 03-07-2005 01:17 AM

Do a man page for the version of fsck that is particular to the filesystem you use, such as reiserfsck,...

Most likely, you will be using a -c or -B switch to have the filesystem mark blocks as unuseable by the system.

bitt_u 03-07-2005 01:24 AM

try "parted", a partition program in linux. :Pengy:

dping 03-07-2005 11:08 AM

Parted is just a partitioning tool. The fsck's are the standard filesystem checking/fixing utilities.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.