Virtualbox 4.2.0 OSE@Slackware14.0 - "VERR_SUPLIB_OWNER_NOT_ROOT"
virtualbox has worked always flawlessly and it suddenly stopped to work with error 'VERR_SUPLIB_OWNER_NOT_ROOT'. No changes made to system if not counting that I changed root password.
I have tried:
- chown root:root / root:vboxusers /usr/lib/virtualbox/VMMR0.r0 (obviously)
- remove ~/.VirtualBox
- remove (also) /tmp/.vbox-user-somethingheredontremember
- trying to run virtualbox as root
- tried to check disk(s) for error(s)
- tried to create new test VM mainly for fun since problem is in permissions
GOOGLE gave me these:
- chown root:root /usr/
- chown root:root /opt/
Some stuff from ~/.VirtualBox/VBoxlog(or something like that):
I think you need to Google to get the description of what the error is, but it certainly sounds like the problem is that some file or directory or somesuch must be owned by "root." But it does not make sense to me that the "/usr/" or "/opt/" top-level folders would have any such requirement. I don't know what "SUPLIB" would be referring to.
When Googling the error message, put the whole thing in double-quotes.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.|