LinuxQuestions.org
Share your knowledge at the LQ Wiki.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
cheltz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 62

Rep: Reputation: 2
tomcat install


Anyone know how or what to set the $BASEDIR to so that tomcat will startup?
TOMCAT 6.x btw.

Thanks for your help
 
Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
ghostshell
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Feb 2012
Posts: 8

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheltz View Post
Anyone know how or what to set the $BASEDIR to so that tomcat will startup?
TOMCAT 6.x btw.

Thanks for your help
i think shld b
export CATALINA_HOME=/*directory where ur tomcat install*

hope it will help and correct me if i was wrong
 
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
cheltz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 62

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 2
yes i had /bin in the env variables path ... copy paste error.

thanks
 
Old 02-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
cheltz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 62

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 2
another snag

Catalina.out says this:
/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/bin/catalina.sh: line 389: /usr/bin//bin/java: No such file or directory
http://localhost:8080 fails also therefore i would assume tomcat is not running.

Thanks for the help folks ...
 
Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
cheltz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 62

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 2
one more step ...

I was able to resolve the previous problem yet still cannot et tomcat splash screen on http://localhost:8080

Latest catalina.out error:
SEVERE: Begin event threw error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean
at this
at that

then:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.modelmbean.ModelMBeanNotificationBroadcaster not found in org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader{urls=[file
:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-coyote.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-util.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apa
che-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-i18n-ja.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-api.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/catalina-ant.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apa
che-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/ecj-3.7.1.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/jasper.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/jsp-api.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0


Thanks for any help
 
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
ghostshell
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Feb 2012
Posts: 8

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheltz View Post
I was able to resolve the previous problem yet still cannot et tomcat splash screen on http://localhost:8080

Latest catalina.out error:
SEVERE: Begin event threw error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean
at this
at that

then:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.management.modelmbean.ModelMBeanNotificationBroadcaster not found in org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader{urls=[file
:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-coyote.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-util.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apa
che-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-i18n-ja.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/tomcat-api.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/catalina-ant.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apa
che-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/ecj-3.7.1.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/jasper.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.25/lib/jsp-api.jar,file:/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0


Thanks for any help
the class loader cant find this >>> javax.management.modelmbean.ModelMBeanNotificationBroadcaster
could it be some .jar file needed is missing ? guess u need link or import that jar file or download it if u dun hav it
 
Old 02-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
cheltz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 62

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 2
Got it! Thanks folks for the help.
Actually all I did was point to a different java version which apparently had the jar files it was looking for.
I have so many version of java maybe I pointed to the wrong path in JAVA_HOME.
Not really sure but it works now.

Thanks a ton ..
 
Old 02-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
ghostshell
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Feb 2012
Posts: 8

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheltz View Post
Got it! Thanks folks for the help.
Actually all I did was point to a different java version which apparently had the jar files it was looking for.
I have so many version of java maybe I pointed to the wrong path in JAVA_HOME.
Not really sure but it works now.

Thanks a ton ..
welcome
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Install Tomcat kirman Programming 9 03-22-2008 09:40 PM
fresh tomcat 5.5 install not showing tomcat homepage laggerific Linux - Software 0 10-26-2007 03:28 PM
how can i install tomcat? hadiseh Linux - Software 6 12-20-2005 01:15 AM
tomcat install help please. mpower Linux - Software 3 07-16-2004 08:53 PM
Tomcat 4.1.24 install arkopolo Linux - Software 5 07-07-2003 08:45 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration