LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Software (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/)
-   -   repository creation and updation (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/repository-creation-and-updation-913768/)

Gil@LQ 11-16-2011 12:18 AM

repository creation and updation
 
hi,

i'm using kvm, few day's ago i found lates qemu-kvm and virtual manager are available i downloaded them, but after untaring them i didn't find any rpm, please tel me how to install them.

Another main issue is i know how to create repos, but if i donwloaded any new software, lets say some multimedia player or cd burner, how to add them in to the existing repo which i create using dump of the RHEL6 DVD dump.

Please help me how to add newly downloaded rpm's to the existing repository.

Thank you very much in advance.

TB0ne 11-16-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarao_ganeshna (Post 4525194)
hi,
i'm using kvm, few day's ago i found lates qemu-kvm and virtual manager are available i downloaded them, but after untaring them i didn't find any rpm, please tel me how to install them.

The same way you were told in your other thread, where you asked the same question:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...-hangs-913498/

You READ the documentation that came in the compressed file, and reference the documentation that's present where you downloaded the file(s) FROM. Each piece of software installs in a different manner, which is why they all provide instructions.
Quote:

Another main issue is i know how to create repos, but if i donwloaded any new software, lets say some multimedia player or cd burner, how to add them in to the existing repo which i create using dump of the RHEL6 DVD dump.

Please help me how to add newly downloaded rpm's to the existing repository.
Again...you are using RHEL6, and you said in your other threads that you're currently using an evaluation subscription. CALL REDHAT SUPPORT, and if you're not going to PAY for RHEL, then you should not be using it, for reasons that have been told to you many times already. Putting "rhel 6 create custom repository" into Google pulls up lots, if you tried:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Re...y_Options.html
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_boo...ositories.html
http://www.confignotes.com/2011/01/h...ally-in-rhel6/

You say you already know how to create repository...so, create one. Put whatever files in it you want, check out the createrepo command, and that's pretty much it.

Gil@LQ 11-17-2011 02:56 PM

hi TBOne, i'm using rhel6 for my practice. not in office with out registering. Thanks for your links. And your last line. thank you for that. I created repos, but i'm doubting to add new rpm's to old repo and run createrepo command. Thank you i'll try it. thank you very much. have a nice day.

TB0ne 11-17-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarao_ganeshna (Post 4526836)
hi TBOne, i'm using rhel6 for my practice. not in office with out registering. Thanks for your links. And your last line. thank you for that. I created repos, but i'm doubting to add new rpm's to old repo and run createrepo command. Thank you i'll try it. thank you very much. have a nice day.

Read the man page on createrepo. Pay particular attention to the "--update" flag.

Gil@LQ 11-21-2011 11:35 AM

Thank you very much. Some times i might look like not bad with linux knowledge some time realy poor and ask annoying questions. Don't think other wise. Thank you very much for your time. TBOne. have a nice time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.