-   Linux - Software (
-   -   php5 ./configure error: (FILENAME=- FNR=27) fatal error: internal error (

richinsc 07-07-2010 01:25 PM

php5 ./configure error: (FILENAME=- FNR=27) fatal error: internal error
I am trying to compile php5 on a system, I have already completed a test compile for my environment on a virtual machine, currently trying to compile on the production machine and hitting a few snags. The compile gets past libtool and then fails with output below. At first I thought I didn't have gawk installed but I do, a search for FNR=27 yielded no result. Thanks!


Generating files
creating ./config.status
creating php5.spec
creating main/build-defs.h
creating scripts/phpize
creating scripts/man1/phpize.1
creating scripts/php-config
creating scripts/man1/php-config.1
creating sapi/cli/php.1
creating main/php_config.h
main/php_config.h is unchanged
creating main/internal_functions.c
gawk: ./build/order_by_dep.awk:63: (FILENAME=- FNR=27) fatal error: internal error
creating main/internal_functions_cli.c
gawk: ./build/order_by_dep.awk:63: (FILENAME=- FNR=27) fatal error: internal error

richinsc 07-07-2010 02:13 PM

More information from what it seems the file in question is checking what modules are being compiled and then counts them, after finding out what they are it looks to check for dependencies so now it begs the question am I missing a dep or is something else wrong in environment. From what I can tell it's failing the count function but that as all I have determined thus far.


~/php-5.3.2 # more build/order_by_dep.awk
        orig_rs = RS;
        orig_fs = FS;
        RS=" ";
        mod_count = 0;

function get_deps(module_name,      depline, cmd)
        # this could probably be made *much* better
        FS="[(,) \t]+"
        cmd = "grep PHP_ADD_EXTENSION_DEP ext/" module_name "/config*.m4"
        while (cmd | getline) {
#              printf("GOT: %s,%s,%s,%s,%s\n", $1, $2, $3, $4, $5);
                if (!length($5)) {
                        $5 = 0;
                mod_deps[module_name, $4] = $5;
        RS=" ";

function get_module_index(name,  i)
        for (i in mods) {
                if (mods[i] == name) {
                        return i;
        return -1;

function do_deps(mod_idx,        module_name, mod_name_len, dep, ext, val, depidx)
        module_name = mods[mod_idx];
        mod_name_len = length(module_name);

        for (ext in mod_deps) {
                if (substr(ext, 0, mod_name_len+1) != module_name SUBSEP) {
                val = mod_deps[ext];
                ext = substr(ext, mod_name_len+2, length(ext)-mod_name_len);

                depidx = get_module_index(ext);
                if (depidx >= 0) {
        printf("        phpext_%s_ptr,@NEWLINE@", module_name);
        delete mods[mod_idx];

function count(arr,      n, i)
        n = 0;
        for (i in arr)
        return n;

/^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+/ {
        # mini hack for pedantic awk
        gsub("[^a-zA-Z0-9_-]", "", $1)
        # add each item to array
        mods[mod_count++] = $1

        # see if it has any module deps
        # order it correctly
        out_count = 0;

        while (count(mods)) {
                for (i = 0; i <= mod_count - 1; i++) {
                        if (i in mods) {

richinsc 07-08-2010 09:20 AM

After chatting with the good folks on channel ##php I was able to determine that this error is caused by an improper gawk version. My system had version 3.0.5 installed on it, after upgrading to newer version of gawk all errors went away and I had a clean install.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.