LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
jebril
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2016
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
ns2 message, cannot open request log.


I'm working on ns-2.35, and I want to simulate wireless-hart in ns2.
I got a code from an author, and i followed his procedure to integrate the wireless-hart simulator in ns2, but when i run any WPAN example i got this message:

num node is 46
cannot open request log.




my OS is Ubuntu 16.04, 64-bit

I will be thankful for you if any one help me.
 
Old 10-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 22,321

Rep: Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebril View Post
I'm working on ns-2.35, and I want to simulate wireless-hart in ns2. I got a code from an author, and i followed his procedure to integrate the wireless-hart simulator in ns2, but when i run any WPAN example i got this message:

num node is 46 cannot open request log.

my OS is Ubuntu 16.04, 64-bit
Since you got 'a code from an author', why don't you contact that person and ask THEM??? You don't tell us/show us what this code is...and we can't guess. Best thing would be to look at the log file name and path, and make sure your user can write to that directory/file.
 
Old 08-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #3
selmisofien
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2017
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebril View Post
I'm working on ns-2.35, and I want to simulate wireless-hart in ns2.
I got a code from an author, and i followed his procedure to integrate the wireless-hart simulator in ns2, but when i run any WPAN example i got this message:

num node is 46
cannot open request log.




my OS is Ubuntu 16.04, 64-bit

I will be thankful for you if any one help me.
hey Sir plz u can help to implement wirelesshart using ns2
 
Old 08-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 22,321

Rep: Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmisofien View Post
hey Sir plz u can help to implement wirelesshart using ns2
You need to read the LQ Rules and the "Question Guidelines". Don't use text speak (it's "you" not "u", "please" not "plz", etc.), don't hijack someone elses thread with your own question, and don't re-open old threads unless you're going to contribute to the answers in that thread. Also, you need to do basic research before posting a question.

As we told the original poster of this question, tell us what you've done/tried first. Did you look up anything about NS2 and wireless-hart? Follow any of the guides? What version/distro of Linux are you using?? Without details, we can't help.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
selmisofien
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2017
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
You need to read the LQ Rules and the "Question Guidelines". Don't use text speak (it's "you" not "u", "please" not "plz", etc.), don't hijack someone elses thread with your own question, and don't re-open old threads unless you're going to contribute to the answers in that thread. Also, you need to do basic research before posting a question.

As we told the original poster of this question, tell us what you've done/tried first. Did you look up anything about NS2 and wireless-hart? Follow any of the guides? What version/distro of Linux are you using?? Without details, we can't help.
thank you Sir ,

you can help me to implement wirelesshart it is a standard like bluetooth but it in industrial domain using NS2
 
Old 08-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 22,321

Rep: Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026Reputation: 6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmisofien View Post
thank you Sir ,
you can help me to implement wirelesshart it is a standard like bluetooth but it in industrial domain using NS2
Again, as you were told before:
  • DO RESEARCH ON YOUR OWN FIRST. You can look up steps, guides, etc., because there are resources you can find on your own, and we are not going to look them up for you.
  • OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD FOR YOUR OWN QUESTION. That means, do not reply in this thread, but open a NEW thread.
Open a new thread only AFTER you have done your research and are actually stuck. We are not going to look up guides for you, type up how-to documents, etc. And if you wind up posting a question, you will, AGAIN, have to provide details, like version/distro of Linux, version of NS2, what guide(s) you followed, etc.

Last edited by TB0ne; 08-17-2017 at 01:42 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply

Tags
ns2, wirelesshart


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
after installing NS2 termina shows the message ns2 not installed profaditya Linux - Newbie 2 09-25-2014 03:15 PM
Fedora NS2 Installation assistance request. sindhu subramanian Linux - Newbie 19 03-11-2011 02:51 AM
neat command not working azx_get_response timeout message in /var/log/message ninadshaha Red Hat 1 02-19-2008 03:32 PM
Strange Repeating Error message in /var/log/message lucktsm Linux - Security 2 10-27-2006 09:29 AM
message, message.1 in /var/log/ can be deleted for space? phpsharma Linux - Newbie 4 11-17-2004 01:23 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration