LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
nandanm1
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 61
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Installing Dia on CentOS 5.3


Could someone help me out in installing dia-0.97 on CentOS 5.3?
 
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
jstephens84
Senior Member
 
Registered: Sep 2004
Location: Nashville
Distribution: Manjaro, RHEL, CentOS
Posts: 2,098

Rep: Reputation: 102Reputation: 102
How did you download it? if you downloaded the binary format you will need to use the rpm command otherwise you will need to use the tar command to extract the source package then use the .configure , make && make install (You may be able to skip the ./configure) command.

Or last did you try using the yum command to install it?
 
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,521

Rep: Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619
there is a el5 rpm over at
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/ep....el5.i386.html

what cent repos do you have installed ?
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories
 
Old 08-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #4
nandanm1
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 61

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstephens84 View Post
How did you download it? if you downloaded the binary format you will need to use the rpm command otherwise you will need to use the tar command to extract the source package then use the .configure , make && make install (You may be able to skip the ./configure) command.

Or last did you try using the yum command to install it?
I tried downloading and installing it from http://live.gnome.org/Dia.

I have tried both version 0.97 and 0.96.1. I received few error messages they are as mentioned below.

0.97 - checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... ./configure: line 21081: intltool-update: command not found

0.96.1 - checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool

I did try "yum install dia" it did not work.

Please Help!

Last edited by nandanm1; 08-29-2009 at 02:40 AM.
 
Old 08-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #5
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,521

Rep: Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619Reputation: 2619
from your error it looks like you are building the source
Quote:
0.97 - checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... ./configure: line 21081: intltool-updat
for building the source you do not have some of perl installed ( and the devel rpm's )

--- the BEST WAY TO INSTALL ---
install the epel repo from the centos link i gave in the last post
then this
Code:
su -
yum install dia
-- or --
click on the link here
this IS THE EPEL repo
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...5-3.noarch.rpm
select ( from firefox ) " install"
DO NOT SAVE but install the rpm with firefox
then install dia with yum
 
Old 08-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
nandanm1
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 61

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VV View Post
--- the BEST WAY TO INSTALL ---
install the epel repo from the centos link i gave in the last post
then this
Code:
su -
yum install dia
-- or --
click on the link here
this IS THE EPEL repo
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...5-3.noarch.rpm
select ( from firefox ) " install"
DO NOT SAVE but install the rpm with firefox
then install dia with yum
This worked G8!
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dia and Kivio...... linuxlover.chaitanya Linux - Software 2 08-07-2008 02:00 AM
Need DIA RPM nuro305 SUSE / openSUSE 4 11-30-2007 10:46 AM
Dia Chaitanyayardi Linux - Software 1 08-27-2005 09:54 AM
dia .shape spoody_goon Linux - General 0 02-15-2004 06:40 PM
compiling dia 0.90 cl-user Conectiva 1 12-20-2002 03:31 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration