LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
sandeep002gupta
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
Cool how to set default language fr_BE.UTF-8 in to RHEL 6.3


Hi,

Please can you suggest how could I make the change my default language from LANG="en_US.UTF-8" to fr_BE.UTF-8 on RHEL 6.3 Linux system.
 
Old 09-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 26,289

Rep: Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep002gupta View Post
Hi,
Please can you suggest how could I make the change my default language from LANG="en_US.UTF-8" to fr_BE.UTF-8 on RHEL 6.3 Linux system.
Again, as you've been asked NUMEROUS TIMES, are you PAYING FOR RHEL??? If so, why have you not called Red Hat support, or checked their knowledgebase? And we will AGAIN suggest that you:
  • Try to look things up for yourself first; this has been asked (and ANSWERED) many times on this site, and on Google
  • Check the Red Hat Knowledgebase, since they ALSO have documentation on how to do this.
Doing a couple seconds of research leads you to the system-config-language tool in RHEL. Please don't ask people to look things up for you, and if you're not PAYING FOR RHEL, then you need to STOP USING IT. If you're NOT paying, then that tool contains bugs, since you haven't received the bugfix from Red Hat, so chances are you'll have some sort of problem using it, or afterwards.
 
Old 09-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
sandeep002gupta
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2011
Posts: 96

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
Thanks now we've done it from google.

set the variable in to : vi /etc/sysconfig/i18n
 
Old 09-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 26,289

Rep: Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep002gupta View Post
Thanks now we've done it from google. set the variable in to : vi /etc/sysconfig/i18n
...which is the same thing the built-in tool configures. And if you found the answer on Google, why didn't you look there first, before posting a question?

And as you've been asked MANY TIMES in the past: WHY are you not using Red Hat support, and are you PAYING FOR RHEL????
 
Old 09-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
sandeep002gupta
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2011
Posts: 96

Original Poster
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
Dear TB0ne - Guru I've posted here any query before try to search in Google & done work around our side all, but if I'm not getting any answer then I post here.

second - I also try to find out if any person who have here (group) and knowing solution so He/She keep post positively. I think its helpful to all members.

Third - I'm facing often issue in RHEL/SAN/Windows/DOC/SUSE/CentOS/Ubuntu etc. but not posted all issue here we tried to get fixed first my end if not then tried to help Google and if again had some confusion or not getting answer which is except for me then I've post here, I seriously understand here sit any one if provide solution its helpful for me and other also.

fourth - yes I've paying to RHEL and also certified with RHCE. when we've in serious issue with production server then tried to reach first RHEL support with case if its not resolved first my side. I always tried to first my best then go to other side.

for my knowledge I think we are here for any question/solution share which have not resolved by itself. then we are posting here and get solution if anyone is knowing about that.

hope you understand my point. Thanks its big day.
 
Old 09-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 26,289

Rep: Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900Reputation: 7900
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep002gupta View Post
Dear TB0ne - Guru I've posted here any query before try to search in Google & done work around our side all, but if I'm not getting any answer then I post here.
Yet you said that you DID find the answer on Google...which would indicate that you did NOT look there first, before posting here.
Quote:
second - I also try to find out if any person who have here (group) and knowing solution so He/She keep post positively. I think its helpful to all members.
The solutions can be found by looking on Google or the LQ search FIRST. Posting questions that have been asked and answered MANY TIMES before doesn't help people.
Quote:
Third - I'm facing often issue in RHEL/SAN/Windows/DOC/SUSE/CentOS/Ubuntu etc. but not posted all issue here we tried to get fixed first my end if not then tried to help Google and if again had some confusion or not getting answer which is except for me then I've post here, I seriously understand here sit any one if provide solution its helpful for me and other also.
Yet again, you said you found the answer on Google when you looked. And I found it by a VERY brief search as well...both of which indicate you didn't put any effort into looking first.
Quote:
fourth - yes I've paying to RHEL and also certified with RHCE. when we've in serious issue with production server then tried to reach first RHEL support with case if its not resolved first my side. I always tried to first my best then go to other side.
If you have a Red Hat certification, why didn't you know the answer to this? And if you're paying for RHEL support, then why didn't you just call them, and ASK? They could have answered your question on the phone. Also, since you're paying for RHEL, you have access to the customer portal knowledgebase, where this is VERY amply documented. Seems odd that with commercial, pay-for support you don't use it..nor do you use the online repositories (which you're paying for).
Quote:
for my knowledge I think we are here for any question/solution share which have not resolved by itself. then we are posting here and get solution if anyone is knowing about that. hope you understand my point. Thanks its big day.
Nope, not at all. You asked a question which could have EASILY been answered with a simple search...essentially, you were asking people to look things up for you.

Sharing knowledge is a good thing; showing no effort isn't.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does the default PATH get set on RHEL? bluethumb Linux - General 7 12-09-2009 10:07 AM
How to set default browser in RHEL and install plugins (for firefox) ? onur.aktas Linux - Newbie 0 08-12-2008 11:32 AM
RHEL 5 w/ Gnome - How to set 32 bit Firefox as default browser? rkmason Red Hat 2 07-01-2007 11:42 AM
The parameter --locale=xx_YY.utf-8 was not set in your /etc/default/dictd tony safari Linux - Software 0 03-18-2007 10:13 AM
How can I re-set up default language for my system? backpacker Linux - Newbie 6 06-28-2005 05:07 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration