LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
fozia kosar
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jul 2016
Posts: 9

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
how to plot a trace file into graph


i want to plot nodes v/s energy consumed graph . i get outputs in a tracefile but can not get graph of it. i m using ns2.34 on ubuntu14.04lts
 
Old 12-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 22,301

Rep: Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozia kosar View Post
i want to plot nodes v/s energy consumed graph . i get outputs in a tracefile but can not get graph of it. i m using ns2.34 on ubuntu14.04lts
Read the LQ Rules and "Question Guidelines". We are happy to help you, but you have to show what work YOU have done. What have you tried? What research have you performed? Results/errors/messages??? ANYTHING???

The VERY FIRST HIT in Google for "how to plot ns2 data to a graph" is:
http://www.ns2blogger.in/p/plotting-...on-xgraph.html

Did you try that?
 
Old 12-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #3
szboardstretcher
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Distribution: GNU/Linux systemd
Posts: 4,237

Rep: Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653Reputation: 1653
And in general, graphite is useful for graphs

https://matt.aimonetti.net/posts/201...te-monitoring/
 
Old 12-12-2016, 02:59 AM   #4
fozia kosar
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jul 2016
Posts: 9

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
covert energy model.tr file into graph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Read the LQ Rules and "Question Guidelines". We are happy to help you, but you have to show what work YOU have done. What have you tried? What research have you performed? Results/errors/messages??? ANYTHING???

The VERY FIRST HIT in Google for "how to plot ns2 data to a graph" is:
http://www.ns2blogger.in/p/plotting-...on-xgraph.html

Did you try that?
hi i am working on centroid algorithm in which anchors(known nodes)have to find unknown nodes. when i run tcl code it display me output in coordinates of unknown nodes on terminal only not in a trace file here is my first problem.
and the second one is whenever i add energy model in tcl code it returns me output of energy consumption in a trace file, now i want to plot graph this trace file of energy model. i have no idea how to plot trace file in a graph. there is no xgraph installed in ns2.34.

Last edited by fozia kosar; 12-12-2016 at 03:01 AM.
 
Old 12-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #5
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 22,301

Rep: Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003Reputation: 6003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozia kosar View Post
hi i am working on centroid algorithm in which anchors(known nodes)have to find unknown nodes. when i run tcl code it display me output in coordinates of unknown nodes on terminal only not in a trace file here is my first problem.
Ok...so again, what have you done or tried to solve that problem??? And again, have you done ANY research of your own??? Easily found with a brief Google search as before:
https://sites.google.com/a/seecs.edu...ut-trace-files

...complete examples.
Quote:
and the second one is whenever i add energy model in tcl code it returns me output of energy consumption in a trace file, now i want to plot graph this trace file of energy model. i have no idea how to plot trace file in a graph. there is no xgraph installed in ns2.34.
Great...so it would seem obvious that you need toINSTALL xgraph or gnuplot, doesn't it???
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plot graph reading .csv file shridhar22 Linux - Newbie 1 09-04-2014 07:32 AM
How to extract information from NS-2 Leach trace files and plot a graph? doussa Linux - Newbie 3 03-24-2013 05:07 AM
graph in ns-2.34 by trace file mohdmursu Linux - Software 1 10-22-2012 05:44 AM
plot trace file into a graph tootz Linux - Software 14 04-26-2012 04:07 AM
[SOLVED] How to use .plot file to draw a graph? haiying7 Linux - Newbie 4 12-06-2011 02:20 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration