LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
vishalybhatia2877
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2009
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: 0
Post How to install Evolution 2.28.1 on RHEL5?


Hi All,

I am trying to install Evolution 2.28.1 (Exchange) on RHEL 5 to grab my mails from my company's Exchange server.
When I try to install it show's me error code prompting inittool is not compatible install higher version.

Can any one please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Please send me details on my mail ID which is: vishalybhatia28@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Vishal Bhatia

Last edited by vishalybhatia2877; 10-29-2009 at 12:50 AM.
 
Old 10-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 23,943

Rep: Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalybhatia2877 View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to install Evolution 2.28.1 (Exchange) on RHEL 5 to grab my mails from my company's Exchange server.
When I try to install it show's me error code prompting inittool is not compatible install higher version.

Can any one please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Please send me details on my mail ID which is: vishalybhatia28@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Vishal Bhatia
No, we're not going to provide you one-on-one, email tech support, sorry. If you want help, you can participate in the forums. Otherwise, you can try to do what the error TELLS YOU TO DO: upgrade inittool.

If you don't want to do that, call RedHat...after all, you ARE paying for support since you're using RedHat Enterprise, right???
 
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
vishalybhatia2877
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2009
Posts: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
No, we're not going to provide you one-on-one, email tech support, sorry. If you want help, you can participate in the forums. Otherwise, you can try to do what the error TELLS YOU TO DO: upgrade inittool.

If you don't want to do that, call RedHat...after all, you ARE paying for support since you're using RedHat Enterprise, right???
thank you sir for your quick reply......
i would like to go to the forum and get the solution for this.....
 
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 23,943

Rep: Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027Reputation: 7027
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalybhatia2877 View Post
thank you sir for your quick reply......
i would like to go to the forum and get the solution for this.....
Ok...and I gave you one in my first post: upgrade inittool, as the error message tells you to.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] RHEL5 Fails to install via an HTTP/FTP install hernandezf001 Linux - Newbie 9 06-07-2009 10:58 PM
SELinux: RHEL4 to RHEL5 rules migration - unknown type var_lib_t in RHEL5 zbiggy Red Hat 2 05-12-2009 03:14 AM
How to make one rhel5 server control passwords for several rhel5 servers. folkrm Linux - Newbie 3 03-11-2009 02:17 PM
RHEL5 - I have RHEL5 DVD , how i install ofice packages like SPREADSHEET ETC, bharath@linux Linux - Newbie 3 10-12-2008 02:24 PM
how to install C in RHEL5 abhik777 Red Hat 1 12-05-2007 01:45 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration