LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
LINUXQueAns
Member
 
Registered: Oct 2010
Posts: 36

Rep: Reputation: 0
How to check weblogic is installed or not?


Hi All,

How to check weblogic is installed or not? and status weblogic services
 
Old 11-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
DavidMcCann
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Jul 2006
Location: London
Distribution: PCLinuxOS, Debian
Posts: 5,776

Rep: Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133Reputation: 2133
The program probably uses its name in its files, so the command "whereis weblogic" will show it.

If the program came as a package, try
for .deb: dpkg -l | grep weblogic
for .rpm: rpm -q weblogic

You could also run your distro's program for adding and removing software, and see if it's listed, but I suspect it generally comes from Oracle or whoever it is.

For working out what it's up to, try reading the documentation.

By the way, it's a good idea to show your distro in your profile, so that we know what tools you have.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 03:13 AM   #3
sidewinder01
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2017
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Admins/moderators,

Please delete this thread completely. The second post in this topic has absolutely incorrect answer but link to this answer appears on 3rd place in Google. Weblogic is complicated application server which cannot be verified by commands above, however, when you have to check thousands of servers for audit purposes, you need to find a way to do this faster. And there's no answer here.

Last edited by sidewinder01; 05-02-2017 at 03:15 AM.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 23,831

Rep: Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder01 View Post
Admins/moderators,

Please delete this thread completely. The second post in this topic has absolutely incorrect answer but link to this answer appears on 3rd place in Google. Weblogic is complicated application server which cannot be verified by commands above, however, when you have to check thousands of servers for audit purposes, you need to find a way to do this faster. And there's no answer here.
...especially since this thread has been closed for SEVEN YEARS, before you posted in it.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
Habitual
LQ Veteran
 
Registered: Jan 2011
Location: Abingdon, VA
Distribution: Catalina
Posts: 9,374
Blog Entries: 37

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
The necros are coming.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
sidewinder01
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2017
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
...especially since this thread has been closed for SEVEN YEARS, before you posted in it.
This does not matter. I was searching for answer in Google and found this topic. In very top of search results. Regardless it wasn't answered for 7 years.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
hydrurga
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2008
Location: Pictland
Distribution: Linux Mint 20 MATE
Posts: 8,048
Blog Entries: 5

Rep: Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder01 View Post
This does not matter. I was searching for answer in Google and found this topic. In very top of search results. Regardless it wasn't answered for 7 years.
So what's the answer then?
 
Old 05-02-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 23,831

Rep: Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983Reputation: 6983
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrurga View Post
So what's the answer then?
Was wondering that too. Not much point in joining to re-open a seven year old thread to complain about the lack of answer, then not bother to give one. sidewinder01, if you don't like the answers, provide your own. Otherwise, not much point in complaining...go read another Google result.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #9
sidewinder01
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2017
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Yes, finally I found it.
sudo lsof | grep server/lib/weblogic.jar

This shows whether Weblogic is running on server and also you can guess Weblogic version from this result and all the directories where the running software is installed.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by sidewinder01; 05-02-2017 at 11:24 AM.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
hydrurga
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2008
Location: Pictland
Distribution: Linux Mint 20 MATE
Posts: 8,048
Blog Entries: 5

Rep: Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder01 View Post
Yes, finally I found it.
sudo lsof | grep server/lib/weblogic.jar

This shows whether Weblogic is running on server and also you can guess Weblogic version from this result and all the directories where the running software is installed.

Thanks everyone.
That's great. Thanks for posting this. Except that it doesn't answer the original question.

The OP asked two questions:

(i) How to check whether weblogic is installed or not. - This doesn't mean whether it is running, just whether it is installed.

(ii) How to check the status of weblogic services. An answer to that would be found here: http://middlewareprimer.blogspot.co....er-status.html

But, all in all, given that post #2 answered the first question, and the link above answers the second question, along with the additional question that you've asked and answered yourself, we're getting somewhere...
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:54 AM   #11
sidewinder01
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2017
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrurga View Post
That's great. Thanks for posting this. Except that it doesn't answer the original question.

The OP asked two questions:

(i) How to check whether weblogic is installed or not. - This doesn't mean whether it is running, just whether it is installed.

(ii) How to check the status of weblogic services. An answer to that would be found here: http://middlewareprimer.blogspot.co....er-status.html

But, all in all, given that post #2 answered the first question, and the link above answers the second question, along with the additional question that you've asked and answered yourself, we're getting somewhere...
Post #2 doesn't have an answer how to check whether Weblogic is installed (unless you consider "this is something from Oracle" as correct one), rpm won't tell you about it too.

And,if you are making internal audit of software used, then you are interested in running software first. My answer helps to know whether is it running and where can I find it installed.
 
Old 05-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #12
hydrurga
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2008
Location: Pictland
Distribution: Linux Mint 20 MATE
Posts: 8,048
Blog Entries: 5

Rep: Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder01 View Post
Post #2 doesn't have an answer how to check whether Weblogic is installed (unless you consider "this is something from Oracle" as correct one), rpm won't tell you about it too.
Ok. I now see that Weblogic is installed through an executed .jar file, and that it doesn't seem to be packaged conventionally, for deb at least. So yes, acknowledged.

Out of interest, do you use Weblogic?
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #13
sidewinder01
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2017
Posts: 5

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Out of interest, do you use Weblogic?
Yes, I do. And, luckily or unfortunately, I have a task to get report of all Weblogic installations across 2000+ servers in the company as there's no inventory here. This somehow helped me to appear on this forum
 
Old 05-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #14
hydrurga
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Nov 2008
Location: Pictland
Distribution: Linux Mint 20 MATE
Posts: 8,048
Blog Entries: 5

Rep: Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917Reputation: 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder01 View Post
Yes, I do. And, luckily or unfortunately, I have a task to get report of all Weblogic installations across 2000+ servers in the company as there's no inventory here. This somehow helped me to appear on this forum
Welcome!
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I check if PHP is installed? imsam Linux - Newbie 8 02-13-2012 02:51 PM
How can i check that dovecot is installed or not Basit56 Linux - Newbie 5 01-14-2010 01:11 AM
To check installed applications ? kapilbajpai88 Linux - Newbie 12 12-19-2008 01:54 AM
How do I check what wm I have installed. mlsbraves *BSD 12 12-08-2004 10:25 PM
How to check that JDK Installed? sikandar Linux - Software 2 09-09-2003 12:44 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration