LinuxQuestions.org
Welcome to the most active Linux Forum on the web.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
robo167
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: 0
djplay fedora 10 yum install problem


hi there. i recently changed to fedora 10 a couple of weeks ago. anyway im having trouble installing the djplay package. - djplay.sourceforge.net (i think)

i have downloaded the libdjconsole-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm & djplay-0.5.0-1.i386.rpm packages however i am having trouble with the yum install.

as required i ran: yum -y localinstall libdjconsole-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm djplay-0.5.0-1.i386.rpm

yum finishes the dependacy resolution, however when it starts downloading packages i get the message:

"Package libdjconsole-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm is not signed" - and yum exits.

any ideas?

thanks.

oh and here's some stuff from the sysinfo file.

OS: Linux 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.i686 i686
System: Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)
KDE: 4.2.1 (KDE 4.2.1
Processor (CPU): Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 430 @ 1.73
Total memory (RAM): 1,000.2 MB
Free memory: 22.0 MB (+ 383.6 MB Caches)
Free swap: 2.0 GB
 
Old 04-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
okcomputer44
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2008
Location: /home/laz
Distribution: CentOS/Debian
Posts: 246

Rep: Reputation: 53
Hi,

try this:
Code:
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck packageyouwantoinstall.rpm
this disables gpg signature checking in yum.

Laz
 
Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
custangro
Senior Member
 
Registered: Nov 2006
Location: California
Distribution: Fedora , CentOS , RHEL
Posts: 1,979
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 209Reputation: 209Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo167 View Post
hi there. i recently changed to fedora 10 a couple of weeks ago. anyway im having trouble installing the djplay package. - djplay.sourceforge.net (i think)

i have downloaded the libdjconsole-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm & djplay-0.5.0-1.i386.rpm packages however i am having trouble with the yum install.

as required i ran: yum -y localinstall libdjconsole-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm djplay-0.5.0-1.i386.rpm

yum finishes the dependacy resolution, however when it starts downloading packages i get the message:

"Package libdjconsole-0.1.2-1.i386.rpm is not signed" - and yum exits.

any ideas?

thanks.

oh and here's some stuff from the sysinfo file.

OS: Linux 2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.i686 i686
System: Fedora release 10 (Cambridge)
KDE: 4.2.1 (KDE 4.2.1
Processor (CPU): Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 430 @ 1.73
Total memory (RAM): 1,000.2 MB
Free memory: 22.0 MB (+ 383.6 MB Caches)
Free swap: 2.0 GB
Just a general warning...

Be careful of installing unsigned packages....
 
Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
robo167
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
djplay will not run - cannot get jack client? fedora 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcomputer44 View Post
Hi,

try this:
Code:
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck packageyouwantoinstall.rpm
this disables gpg signature checking in yum.

Laz
thanks dude.

but have another problem now. when i run djplay i just get it telling me: "Could not get jack client".

any ideas? im a bit bamboozeled.
 
Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
okcomputer44
Member
 
Registered: Jun 2008
Location: /home/laz
Distribution: CentOS/Debian
Posts: 246

Rep: Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo167 View Post
thanks dude.

but have another problem now. when i run djplay i just get it telling me: "Could not get jack client".

any ideas? im a bit bamboozeled.
Unfortunately I donīt really know anything about that package.

Sorry.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
code to install php5.1.2 using yum on fedora 9 Muideen Linux - Software 6 03-26-2009 02:36 PM
Can't install yum on fedora 8 anyone had the same problem and can share solution? ntstevec Linux - Newbie 2 10-23-2008 09:54 PM
Djplay sound problems serafimg Linux - Software 1 11-06-2007 06:37 PM
Install unrar with Yum - Fedora Core 5 Seanmcn Linux - Newbie 10 05-09-2007 06:47 AM
problems with yum install (fedora core 5) emu103 Linux - Desktop 5 08-16-2006 08:55 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration