LinuxQuestions.org
Help answer threads with 0 replies.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #1
demented_are_go
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Distribution: Fedora Solaris Slackware
Posts: 50

Rep: Reputation: 15
Authentication problem with Evolution 2.6.0


I just upgraded to fedora core 5 yesterday and one of the things I've noticed is that I cannot seem to authenticate at all when I try to get my mail from the company's exchange server. I was using Evolution on core 4 without any problems (with the evolution-connector). Core 5 installed evolution 2.6.0 and evolution-connector 2.5.92. I cannot seem to figure out why it's acting this way, I just see my password rejected everytime, I tried switching authentication method, that didn't change a thing. Right now I have to get my work mail through their webmail (OWA) which is pretty annoying.

Anyone ran into the same issue? or even better, has a solution for it?
 
Old 03-25-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
KimVette
Senior Member
 
Registered: Dec 2004
Location: Lee, NH
Distribution: OpenSUSE, CentOS, RHEL
Posts: 1,794

Rep: Reputation: 46
I've been running into this issue since September. The Ximian team blames libsoup (check out Novell's messageboards sometime, it's pretty lame), and presumably the libsoup maintainers just shrug and think "those bozos at Ximian/Novell love to pass the buck don't they. . . "
 
Old 03-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
foo_bar_foo
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,553

Rep: Reputation: 53
it might just be a problem with the way you are writing the OWA URL
don't use whole domain like server.domain.com
try as username
domain/username
and URL
https://emailserver/exchange/username.email_id

also like always delete ~/.evolution when you upgrade

don't know if it helps but worth a try at the risk of kimvette flame
 
Old 03-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #4
demented_are_go
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Distribution: Fedora Solaris Slackware
Posts: 50

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
It worked fine until I upgraded this box to core 5, the way email works around here, I have to use my full email as uname, and the url of the OWA worked fine on the version of evolution that came with core 4. I just got all excited seeing there seemed to be an evolution update evailable (yum check-update showed one) but it didn't help at all, I tried removing the folder and redoing my account... no luck. The OWA is on plain http, not secure.

Right now I've removed all the evolution packages, removed the .evolution dir and I'm attempting a full reinstall from scratch. It's really annoying to have to use webmail.

Ok installing from scratch didn't change a thing, I've tried right about everything I could think of, I'm utterly disappointed at this point, I hate it when a good piece of software gets broken like that :/
 
Old 03-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
foo_bar_foo
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,553

Rep: Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by demented_are_go
the OWA worked fine on the version of evolution that came with core 4.
i'm just saying some people are reporting they needed to change the url to something different from what worked before.
 
Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
demented_are_go
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Distribution: Fedora Solaris Slackware
Posts: 50

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
I tried the bugzilla fix, the one for the auth type not changing and evolution always reverting back, it didn't change a thing. I'm out of ideas at this point, I might just try to go back to an old version of evolution, even though that'll be painful.
 
Old 03-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
kernel-panic
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2006
Posts: 1

Rep: Reputation: 0
I was having a similar issue, but with a clean install of Fedora 5 and Evolution 2.6.0. I found that there was an update released for the evolution-connector to version 2.6.0.1. I've applied this update and things are fairly stable now. Also, I found that the way I was configuring the url and user ID had to be entered a specific way or I wouldn't even have the ability to try to authenticate. I suggest running the update and then trying to change the url.

Good luck.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info Moffett67 Linux - Software 3 12-13-2007 03:16 AM
authentication Problem maldini1010 Linux - General 3 11-28-2004 09:38 AM
ProFTPD authentication problem Kostko Linux - Networking 0 04-08-2004 12:38 PM
authentication problem lomaree Programming 1 06-17-2003 02:32 AM
authentication problem Tigger Linux - Networking 18 06-05-2003 01:38 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration