LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
sunils1973
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2007
Location: INDIA
Distribution: Ubuntu, Debian
Posts: 334

Rep: Reputation: 30
squid and web server


Friends pls help me

We have an intranet - ip nos 192.168.0.x range.
I have configured a windows squuid server for internet sharing (which have dual network card and having ipno 192.168.0.15). I have configured the client computers to point to this squid server. But I get internet only when the default gateway is written as 192.168.0.15. The problem is I want to run a php site which is installed in the machine 192.198.0.2. But I am not able to get the application http://192.168.0.2/folder. What should I do?
 
Old 08-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 20,727

Rep: Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunils1973 View Post
Friends pls help me
We have an intranet - ip nos 192.168.0.x range.
I have configured a windows squuid server for internet sharing (which have dual network card and having ipno 192.168.0.15). I have configured the client computers to point to this squid server. But I get internet only when the default gateway is written as 192.168.0.15. The problem is I want to run a php site which is installed in the machine 192.198.0.2. But I am not able to get the application http://192.168.0.2/folder. What should I do?
As you've been asked before, spell out your words. It's "please", not "pls".

You don't tell us what your default gateway actually is or should be, but it would appear to be that your Windows system doesn't have a route back to the internal network. So, create one. Since that's a task on Windows, and since your Squid server is ALSO running on Windows, there doesn't appear to be much of a Linux-related question here.
 
Old 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
sunils1973
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2007
Location: INDIA
Distribution: Ubuntu, Debian
Posts: 334

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
As you've been asked before, spell out your words. It's "please", not "pls".

You don't tell us what your default gateway actually is or should be, but it would appear to be that your Windows system doesn't have a route back to the internal network. So, create one. Since that's a task on Windows, and since your Squid server is ALSO running on Windows, there doesn't appear to be much of a Linux-related question here.
Thank you for the reply

By trial and error method, I found that without the gateway entry in network settings, it is unable to get the internet. The default gateway is the same squid server having dual network setting.

I think the problem is "Windows system doesn't have a route back to the internal network". Well, how this can be done in a linux system. If I am unable to do it in windows, I will do it by installing linux on this system.
 
Old 08-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 20,727

Rep: Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096Reputation: 5096
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunils1973 View Post
Thank you for the reply
By trial and error method, I found that without the gateway entry in network settings, it is unable to get the internet.
Right...without a default gateway, networks aren't going to be of much use.
Quote:
The default gateway is the same squid server having dual network setting.
Don't understand what you mean here...you have ONE default gateway; that is what makes it the 'default'. You were asked if the default gateway you mentioned above was correct...is it?
Quote:
I think the problem is "Windows system doesn't have a route back to the internal network". Well, how this can be done in a linux system. If I am unable to do it in windows, I will do it by installing linux on this system.
Yes, that is the problem...which is exactly what I told you in my first reply. You *CAN* do it in Windows, but again, this is LINUXQuestions...not sure how much help you're going to get for Windows on this site, so again, there was nothing Linux-related to your initial question. Did you try to put "how to add a network route" into Google??? The first hit is from Microsoft:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx
 
Old 08-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
sunils1973
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2007
Location: INDIA
Distribution: Ubuntu, Debian
Posts: 334

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Thank you very much for the valuable information. I
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to run Squid tranparent and web proxy squid in same server baskarang Linux - Server 3 09-10-2012 12:41 AM
allow only two web sites access by squid proxy server singh_chitranjan Linux - Server 1 05-19-2010 10:16 AM
squid as Web proxy server in linux world salimshahzad Linux - Newbie 2 02-01-2010 06:57 AM
Squid as Web Filter + Web Server in other machine Balkce *BSD 3 12-17-2005 04:40 PM
Squid as Web Filter + Web Server in other machine Balkce Linux - Networking 2 12-15-2005 08:13 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration