Upgraded kernel, lilo.conf, didn't run /sbin/lilo
Ok, this is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever done:
1) upgraded the kernel
2) modified lilo.conf to point to the new one
3) didn't run /sbin/lilo (it was really late, I swear)
4, the kicker) *** didn't make a boot disk ***
5) God punishes me for not making a boot disk by causing the power to go off and back on again
When it boots, there is a "ctrl-x for text mode" message, which leads to a "boot: " prompt.
1) Could I have been any dumber?
2) Is there any way to run /sbin/lilo from this state? Can I do it from single user mode?
3) If 2 is no, is there any way to generate a boot disk, ahem, from windows?