LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 AM   #1
kohshan99
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2012
Posts: 71

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
The media could not be loaded


i've installed 3 hard drives on my ubuntu 18 server. i'm hosting website for online watch movies.

Code:
root@max:~# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev
tmpfs           394M  2.1M  392M   1% /run
/dev/sda1       113G  5.2G  103G   5% /
tmpfs           2.0G  124K  2.0G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/loop1      1.0M  1.0M     0 100% /snap/gnome-logs/61
/dev/loop2      150M  150M     0 100% /snap/gnome-3-28-1804/67
/dev/loop3      1.0M  1.0M     0 100% /snap/gnome-logs/81
/dev/loop0      3.8M  3.8M     0 100% /snap/gnome-system-monitor/100
/dev/loop4       55M   55M     0 100% /snap/core18/1668
/dev/loop6      3.8M  3.8M     0 100% /snap/gnome-system-monitor/127
/dev/loop5       55M   55M     0 100% /snap/core18/1066
/dev/loop7       43M   43M     0 100% /snap/gtk-common-themes/1313
/dev/loop9       89M   89M     0 100% /snap/core/7270
/dev/loop8       15M   15M     0 100% /snap/gnome-characters/399
/dev/loop10     161M  161M     0 100% /snap/gnome-3-28-1804/116
/dev/loop12      15M   15M     0 100% /snap/gnome-characters/296
/dev/loop11      90M   90M     0 100% /snap/core/8268
/dev/loop14     4.3M  4.3M     0 100% /snap/gnome-calculator/544
/dev/loop13      45M   45M     0 100% /snap/gtk-common-themes/1440
/dev/loop15     4.2M  4.2M     0 100% /snap/gnome-calculator/406
/dev/sdd1       1.8T   11G  1.7T   1% /home
/dev/sdc1       1.8T   77M  1.7T   1% /tmp
tmpfs           394M   16K  394M   1% /run/user/121
tmpfs           394M   40K  394M   1% /run/user/1000
/dev/sdb1       1.9T  1.5T  402G  79% /media/max/5EFEC25FFEC22ED9
tmpfs           394M     0  394M   0% /run/user/0
i've mount hard drive to /home and other on at /tmp. i've store some videos in mounted drives but i cant play it on my website.. can any one tell me how to play videos?
 
Old 02-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
RandomTroll
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Distribution: Slackware
Posts: 1,660

Rep: Reputation: 253Reputation: 253Reputation: 253
mplayer? vlc?
 
Old 02-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
yancek
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Distribution: PCLinux, Slackware
Posts: 9,692

Rep: Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204Reputation: 2204
What web server software do you have installed and how are you trying to access it, from a local machine, on a LAN, internet? And then of course, what happens when you try to access/play a movie?
 
Old 02-05-2020, 01:28 PM   #4
kohshan99
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2012
Posts: 71

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
i want to play videos on my website.
 
Old 02-05-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 24,908

Rep: Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohshan99 View Post
i've installed 3 hard drives on my ubuntu 18 server. i'm hosting website for online watch movies. i've mount hard drive to /home and other on at /tmp. i've store some videos in mounted drives but i cant play it on my website.. can any one tell me how to play videos?
...and....
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshan99
i want to play videos on my website.
Then this has nothing to do with the hard drive, but everything to do with whatever code you've written for your website. There are a TON of player apps/applets available for playing videos on websites. But you haven't told us anything about what you've written, what language, what webserver, error(s)/message(s) you get, etc.
 
Old 02-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #6
kohshan99
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2012
Posts: 71

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
...and....

Then this has nothing to do with the hard drive, but everything to do with whatever code you've written for your website. There are a TON of player apps/applets available for playing videos on websites. But you haven't told us anything about what you've written, what language, what webserver, error(s)/message(s) you get, etc.
i'm using apache2. everything is working fine. but i'm facing issue of videos which i've stored in sdd, sdc and sdb drives. i'me using OVOO movie & Video Steaming CMS. i've already consult with OVOO support officer for that issue and according to them, there is issue with web hosting service.

in-short my question is that how can i access/play videos on my website?

i've attached screenshot for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	max.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	32454   Click image for larger version

Name:	maxurl.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	32455  
 
Old 02-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #7
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 24,908

Rep: Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohshan99 View Post
i'm using apache2. everything is working fine. but i'm facing issue of videos which i've stored in sdd, sdc and sdb drives. i'me using OVOO movie & Video Steaming CMS. i've already consult with OVOO support officer for that issue and according to them, there is issue with web hosting service.

in-short my question is that how can i access/play videos on my website? i've attached screenshot for reference.
A "web hosting service" is different than a local machine. And you're not giving us any details at all....at this point we know it's apache, and that's it. Again, what did you write your web pages in? What player? Have you checked the logs for your website? Do you have **ANY** errors at all?? Have you looked at the permissions on those mount-points?

There is nothing (from a Linux perspective) that is an issue here...it's solely to do with your webpage and/or website configuration. And without information about those things, there's no way anyone here can diagnose things further.
 
Old 02-05-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
boughtonp
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Distribution: Debian
Posts: 2,393

Rep: Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846Reputation: 1846
Step 1: Check that your server returns a 200 OK response for a video file:
Code:
curl -ISs http://192.168.8.109/home/Hollywood/Alpha2018/Alpha2018.mp4
Step 2: Put the same mp4 URL in your browser address bar and check the browser can play it.

Step 3: Put a video tag in your HTML:
Code:
<video controls src="http://192.168.8.109/home/Hollywood/Alpha2018/Alpha2018.mp4">
[fallback msg]
</video>
 
Old 02-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #9
kohshan99
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2012
Posts: 71

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
A "web hosting service" is different than a local machine. And you're not giving us any details at all....at this point we know it's apache, and that's it. Again, what did you write your web pages in? What player? Have you checked the logs for your website? Do you have **ANY** errors at all?? Have you looked at the permissions on those mount-points?

There is nothing (from a Linux perspective) that is an issue here...it's solely to do with your webpage and/or website configuration. And without information about those things, there's no way anyone here can diagnose things further.
lets make it simple.

i've stored some movies in /tmp and /home directory. how can i share/play in LAN?
 
Old 02-12-2020, 11:35 AM   #10
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 24,908

Rep: Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403Reputation: 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohshan99 View Post
lets make it simple.
i've stored some movies in /tmp and /home directory. how can i share/play in LAN?
Again: too many variables to answer. Are you running a DLNA server? Mapping a drive? Playing from WHAT?? (PC? Phone? Roku?), using what player?? There is nothing 'simple' about that question if you think about it.

Why would you store ANYTHING in /tmp, when it's sole function is to be temporary??? Consolidate your movies in one location, and if you'd like a real solution to your problem, you need to provide real details and answer the questions you've been asked:
  • What did you write your web pages in?
  • What player?
  • Have you checked the logs for your website?
  • Do you have **ANY** errors at all??
  • Have you looked at the permissions on those mount-points?
 
  


Reply

Tags
apache2, media, php5 apache mysql, ubuntu 18.04


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are the minimal and mandatory content loaded into ram from rootfs on boot up after kernel loaded? ayyasprings Linux - Kernel 3 03-22-2019 02:15 PM
Dynamically loaded modules and statically loaded modules in linux gauthamk Linux - Software 1 05-18-2008 04:28 PM
amarok: Some media could not be loaded itzig Linux - Software 7 10-06-2007 03:32 PM
Media, media, and oh yeah......media. Morbid SUSE / openSUSE 2 03-11-2007 08:50 PM
paraport_pc module loaded with wrong options, st not loaded adrianmariano Debian 2 12-18-2004 09:37 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration