LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   svn email notification (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/svn-email-notification-863052/)

divyashree 02-16-2011 08:25 AM

svn email notification
 
Hi I have configured SVN server on suse 10 , My layout is like: multiple projects in a single repository.


I want that the corresponding users of the projects will get email notification on commit in their projects.
Kindly suggest me.

TB0ne 02-16-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divyashree (Post 4260276)
Hi I have configured SVN server on suse 10 , My layout is like: multiple projects in a single repository.

I want that the corresponding users of the projects will get email notification on commit in their projects.
Kindly suggest me.

As we have "kindly suggested" to you in the past, try doing a Google search first. Most of your threads are easily solved with a quick search. For example, this one, which was found by keying in "linux svn commit email"

http://www.svnforum.org/threads/3925...ighlight=email

Does Google not work at your location, or do you just think people here should look things up for you?

divyashree 02-16-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4260516)
As we have "kindly suggested" to you in the past, try doing a Google search first. Most of your threads are easily solved with a quick search. For example, this one, which was found by keying in "linux svn commit email"

http://www.svnforum.org/threads/3925...ighlight=email

Does Google not work at your location, or do you just think people here should look things up for you?

Yes but in that link, svn server runs on windows. In my case its suse 10.

And I have found a lot of results in which they have used the commit-email.pl to send the email. But neither this perl script comes with the current source nor it is installed with my rpm package installed.

I am not getting the correct perl file.

divyashree 02-17-2011 07:11 AM

Code:

Does Google not work at your location, or do you just think people here should look things up for you?
I am not forcing anyone to search for me and answer the question. Everyone is upto themselves.

I just gently asked the question, if anyone experienced or pass through this kind of situations,then he may reply otherwise not.

And if google will solve everything as needed, then why people come to forums to gain/share something ?

TB0ne 02-17-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divyashree (Post 4261106)
Yes but in that link, svn server runs on windows. In my case its suse 10.

Which doesn't matter, since the SVN configuration would be the same. You put the commit-notification in, and define what you want sent. You put the post-commit script in your SVN configuration, as is documented in the SVN setup guides. This http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up...pe-ubuntu-9.04 will even give you a starting point. A default SVN installation comes with a post-commit template, which you can edit, or make your own. Again, reading the documentation or trying to look it up would easily answer this.
Quote:

And I have found a lot of results in which they have used the commit-email.pl to send the email. But neither this perl script comes with the current source nor it is installed with my rpm package installed.
I am not getting the correct perl file.
Again, if you just typed in "commit-email.pl", into Google, the VERY FIRST HIT is the .pl source code, from the SVN forums:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subv...ommit-email.pl And this may come as a surprise to you, but you could even write your own program to do this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by divyashree
I am not forcing anyone to search for me and answer the question. Everyone is upto themselves. I just gently asked the question, if anyone experienced or pass through this kind of situations,then he may reply otherwise not. And if google will solve everything as needed, then why people come to forums to gain/share something ?

Google won't solve everything, but a good 90% of EVERYTHING you've posted can be solved by a quick Google search for what you're looking for. You don't even try to look it up for yourself, but come here and post it, and wait for someone to do it for you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.