LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   SSH: Asks for password: Permission denied (keyboard-interactive,password). (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/ssh-asks-for-password-permission-denied-keyboard-interactive-password-929205/)

tulicloure 02-13-2012 06:35 PM

SSH: Asks for password: Permission denied (keyboard-interactive,password).
 
Hello people, I was trying to make an ssh connection from my Ubuntu 11.10, but after asking a few times for my password, it gave me a "permission denied" message. This is what happened:

Code:

$ ssh (user)@(server)
Password:
Password:
Password:
loures.tc@login.dcc.ufmg.br's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
loures.tc@login.dcc.ufmg.br's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
loures.tc@login.dcc.ufmg.br's password:
Permission denied (keyboard-interactive,password).

Please, tell me if I should give some more information (new to the forums) and try to explain things the best you can (new to Linux).

Thanks, Túlio

T3RM1NVT0R 02-13-2012 06:57 PM

@ Reply
 
Hi tulicloure,

Welcome to LQ!!!

As I can understand from your Ubuntu machine you are trying to ssh another linux machine. Is that correct? If yes, are you using the correct user account. I mean is the user account you are using to ssh exists on the destination machine? Are you entering the correct password for that user?

Who manages the destination linux machine?

tulicloure 02-13-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3RM1NVT0R (Post 4601636)
Hi tulicloure,

Welcome to LQ!!!

As I can understand from your Ubuntu machine you are trying to ssh another linux machine. Is that correct? If yes, are you using the correct user account. I mean is the user account you are using to ssh exists on the destination machine? Are you entering the correct password for that user?

Who manages the destination linux machine?

Yes, I'm trying to ssh another linux machine and the user and password are both correct. The destination machine is from the my university.

chrism01 02-13-2012 07:38 PM

Check with the admins there; there may be some restrictions on where/when you can login from. There are many options in the server's sshd_config file to restrict users by name/location/... etc etc
Other possibilities inc case-sensitivity, keybd mappings sending wrong 'value' etc.

tulicloure 02-13-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrism01 (Post 4601656)
Check with the admins there; there may be some restrictions on where/when you can login from. There are many options in the server's sshd_config file to restrict users by name/location/... etc etc
Other possibilities inc case-sensitivity, keybd mappings sending wrong 'value' etc.

Thanks, I'll do that.

T3RM1NVT0R 02-13-2012 07:48 PM

@ Reply
 
Quote:

$ ssh (user)@(server)
Password:
Password:
Password:
loures.tc@login.dcc.ufmg.br's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
loures.tc@login.dcc.ufmg.br's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
loures.tc@login.dcc.ufmg.br's password:
Permission denied (keyboard-interactive,password).
Well I tried to duplicate the issue and was able to get the same response as you got. However, I am able to get in once I am putting the correct password. I would suggest you to check if you are authorized to ssh the machine with the person who manages this server. If yes, then get your password resetted from him and then give it a try.

tulicloure 02-13-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3RM1NVT0R (Post 4601662)
Well I tried to duplicate the issue and was able to get the same response as you got. However, I am able to get in once I am putting the correct password. I would suggest you to check if you are authorized to ssh the machine with the person who manages this server. If yes, then get your password resetted from him and then give it a try.

Yeah, it seems that i'll need to talk to the manager. Thanks for helping.

tulicloure 02-14-2012 09:48 AM

For some reason, ssh worked fine today.
Thanks for the help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.