LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
forhad_iftekher
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: 0
squint Problem


I run the following command in Fedore Core 5
squint.cron.sh regen

then I got the following error

Generating report to /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/squint/all/daily from 20080929 to 20081006
Parentheses missing around "my" list at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 247.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 341.
Name "main::messagelog" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::listlimit" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 168.
Name "main:eak" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 709.
Name "main::nametofilenamebasehref" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 568.
Name "main::basedom" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::basename" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.

Please send me a step by step process to install configure & run squint report.
forhad_iftekher@yahoo.com
forhadiftekher@gmail.com
 
Old 10-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 19,327

Rep: Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by forhad_iftekher View Post
I run the following command in Fedore Core 5
squint.cron.sh regen

then I got the following error

Generating report to /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/squint/all/daily from 20080929 to 20081006
Parentheses missing around "my" list at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 247.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 341.
Name "main::messagelog" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::listlimit" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 168.
Name "main:eak" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 709.
Name "main::nametofilenamebasehref" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 568.
Name "main::basedom" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::basename" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.

Please send me a step by step process to install configure & run squint report.
forhad_iftekher@yahoo.com
forhadiftekher@gmail.com
I doubt anyone will be emailing you support answers. If you can't be bothered to check back in for an answer, why should we bother to email you one?

Have you checked line 404 of squint.pl??? Has this ever worked for you, or is this a new installation?
 
Old 10-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
forhad_iftekher
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 2

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
itś a new install of fedora core 5.

404 line contains the following line

my $site, $user, $currentsort;
 
Old 08-11-2009, 04:17 AM   #4
mdKhan_17
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
Squint Report Generating Problem.

Can anyone tell me how can i solve that problem for squint report generate?

[root@gw bin]# squint.cron.sh all
Generating report to /var/www/html/squint/all/daily from 20090810 to 20090811
Parentheses missing around "my" list at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 247.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 341.
Name "main::messagelog" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::listlimit" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 168.
Name "main:eak" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 709.
Name "main::nametofilenamebasehref" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 568.
Name "main::basedom" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::basename" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.

How can i solve that problem can anyone tell me please.

from,
Baba Tiger Khan.

mdKhan_17@yahoo.com
mdKhan17@gmail.com
 
Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 19,327

Rep: Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdKhan_17 View Post
Can anyone tell me how can i solve that problem for squint report generate?

[root@gw bin]# squint.cron.sh all
Generating report to /var/www/html/squint/all/daily from 20090810 to 20090811
Parentheses missing around "my" list at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
Useless use of a variable in void context at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 404.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 247.
main::writeusersitereports() called too early to check prototype at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 341.
Name "main::messagelog" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::listlimit" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 168.
Name "main:eak" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 709.
Name "main::nametofilenamebasehref" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 568.
Name "main::basedom" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.
Name "main::basename" used only once: possible typo at /usr/local/bin/squint.pl line 351.

How can i solve that problem can anyone tell me please.

from,
Baba Tiger Khan.

mdKhan_17@yahoo.com
mdKhan17@gmail.com
Please don't reopen dead threads from last year. Also, if you're the original poster, please use the same name...two email addresses for yahoo and gmail, and the exact same problem, seem a bit fishy..

If you're not the OP from the original question, open your own thread please. And provide complete information, such as what version/distro of Linux you're using, and what version of squint. And according to the docs that can be found through Google and the squint site, those messages should not prevent things from running.

Last edited by TB0ne; 08-11-2009 at 10:53 AM.
 
Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
mdKhan_17
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
For Squint Problem.

Actually i am also suffering from this problem when i was searching in google about that problem than i found that message i thought anyone will be solved that problem. So can you please help me about that problem. I am using Fedora Core 5 and my squint version is squint-0.3.18. Please help me about that problem.

from,
Baba Tiger Khan.
 
Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 19,327

Rep: Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdKhan_17 View Post
Actually i am also suffering from this problem when i was searching in google about that problem than i found that message i thought anyone will be solved that problem. So can you please help me about that problem. I am using Fedora Core 5 and my squint version is squint-0.3.18. Please help me about that problem.

from,
Baba Tiger Khan.
Huh...the OP had Fedora Core 5 too, and the exact, identical question. Interesting...

Re-read my post. First, OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD FOR YOUR OWN QUESTION. Second, read the squint docs about that message. As I said in my post, that message is 'normal', and shouldn't prevent things from running.

And Fedora Core 5 is ancient...the latest is 11, so you need to upgrade, too.
 
Old 10-31-2009, 02:39 AM   #8
mdKhan_17
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Oct 2008
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
Can anyone please help me about skype.

I am using fedora core 5. But in this fedora core 5 i canīt run skype on it. I downloaded several versions of skype for fedora core 5 but still it is not working.

how can i run skype in fedora core 5 ???

From,
Baba Tiger Khan.
 
Old 10-31-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
linuxlover.chaitanya
Senior Member
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Location: Nagpur, India
Distribution: Cent OS 5/6, Ubuntu Server 10.04
Posts: 4,629

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Do not you understand what TBOne said? Open YOUR OWN THREAD. And FC5 is too old and there is no reason why the repositories should be dead. Upgrade to newer one F11. F12 is on its way.
Go and open YOUR OWN thread first and do not post your emails here. NO ONE is going to mail you your solution.
 
Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #10
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 19,327

Rep: Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdKhan_17 View Post
Can anyone please help me about skype.

I am using fedora core 5. But in this fedora core 5 i canīt run skype on it. I downloaded several versions of skype for fedora core 5 but still it is not working.

how can i run skype in fedora core 5 ???
And, to add more to what linuxlover.chaitanya said, you also need to open different threads for different questions.

Fedora Core 5 is ANCIENT. The latest is 11, with 12 in beta right now. Skype probably won't work on something so old.

So, here's two things you can do:

- Load a current version of Linux, which will probably fix most (if not all), of your problems
- Open your own thread for your own question, and open new threads for new questions
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SQUINT throwing error's ... sco1984 SUSE / openSUSE 1 07-24-2008 12:46 AM
How to browse to squint logs? sausagejohnson Linux - Security 1 05-13-2005 10:20 PM
perl problem? apache problem? cgi problem? WorldBuilder Linux - Software 1 09-17-2003 08:45 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration