LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   RHCSA EXAm (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/rhcsa-exam-921497/)

pubudumj 01-01-2012 11:04 AM

RHCSA EXAm
 
Hi guys,

Im gonna do RHCSA exam in this january(2012).

Can you please suggest me any guidence,good websites.

And Can any one give me any links to download these books.


RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 6th Edition (Certification Press) -- Michael Jang

Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHSCA™ and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual

TB0ne 01-01-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pubudumj (Post 4563164)
Hi guys,
Im gonna do RHCSA exam in this january(2012). Can you please suggest me any guidence,good websites.

Best guidance anyone can give you is to download and install Linux, configure it, and really LEARN how to use it. There are lots of websites and places that can answer specific questions, if you have them, but your question is too broad.
Quote:

And Can any one give me any links to download these books.
RHCSA/RHCE Red Hat Linux Certification Study Guide (Exams EX200 & EX300), 6th Edition (Certification Press) -- Michael Jang
Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHSCA™ and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual
Those books are pay-for books. No one here is going to give you links to download free copies...if you need them, try your local library, or buy them. Wikipedia has a good page on RHCE:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat...cation_Program

Please, if you're going to become 'certified', don't just read a few study guides and take the test. LEARN and KNOW the subject first.

zunder1990 01-01-2012 08:55 PM

This may help
 
http://rhce.co/rhel6/Main_Page

pubudumj 01-01-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zunder1990 (Post 4563474)

Thanks mate

TB0ne 01-02-2012 10:28 AM

I'll again add that you should get the KNOWLEDGE first, and not just plow through a study guide, until you can pass a test. There are many, MANY folks who are 'certified', who really have no idea what they're doing, and it's very obvious to everyone around them.

Learn Linux first, THEN take the test.

pubudumj 01-02-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4563829)
I'll again add that you should get the KNOWLEDGE first, and not just plow through a study guide, until you can pass a test. There are many, MANY folks who are 'certified', who really have no idea what they're doing, and it's very obvious to everyone around them.

Learn Linux first, THEN take the test.


Thanks TBOne...Respect for your opinion

g10.sytsinven 10-26-2012 06:58 AM

@TB0ne
 
it depends on study habit. if he understood Linux by reading the books and guide, then let him read book, I used linux at time when internet was not available. I understood it by reading maurice bach.

TB0ne 10-26-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g10.sytsinven (Post 4815386)
it depends on study habit. if he understood Linux by reading the books and guide, then let him read book, I used linux at time when internet was not available. I understood it by reading maurice bach.

This thread has been closed for almost 11 months now.

And if you read the advice given, it says to LEARN Linux first, before getting certified. Doesn't matter how good your study habits are...there is book learning, and there is how things are in the real world. A study guide is pointless for troubleshooting a problem, and of no help at all keeping a bunch of systems online and running.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.