LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   please help in commands (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/please-help-in-commands-4175425125/)

kcbtux 09-01-2012 10:34 AM

please help in commands
 
what does the x option does in the ps command??

ps aux|sort -rn +3 please explain the use of sort -rn +3 here.

how to compare the output of two commands by diff command????

zwitterion-241920 09-01-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbtux (Post 4769935)
what does the x option does in the ps command??

rtfm
Code:

man 1 ps
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbtux (Post 4769935)
sort -rn +3 please explain the use of sort -rn +3 here.

rtfm (hint: same as 'sort -r -n +3')
Code:

man 1 sort
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbtux (Post 4769935)
how to compare the output of two commands by diff command????

Finally a question that isn't mentioned in the manual. But there's always Google !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.