LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   ow to configure Vsftpd Server with file zilla? (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/ow-to-configure-vsftpd-server-with-file-zilla-883770/)

mehreen 05-31-2011 02:03 PM

ow to configure Vsftpd Server with file zilla?
 
hi ,
i want to configure vsftpd server with file zilla
in ubunto environment.. please help me out as soon as possible

manyrootsofallevil 05-31-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehreen (Post 4372179)
hi ,
i want to configure vsftpd server with file zilla
in ubunto environment.. please help me out as soon as possible

What exactly do you want to do? Set up an ftp server in you ubuntu box using vsftp? What do you want to the server to do? Anonymous download only? Only users with account in the box can access it? etc. Please clarify exactly what you want to do

mehreen 05-31-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manyrootsofallevil (Post 4372184)
What exactly do you want to do? Set up an ftp server in you ubuntu box using vsftp? What do you want to the server to do? Anonymous download only? Only users with account in the box can access it? etc. Please clarify exactly what you want to do

yes i want to set up ftp server in ubuntu box using vsftp and to show that how server upload the files, d0wnload and access it by using file zilla

manyrootsofallevil 06-01-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehreen (Post 4372192)
yes i want to set up ftp server in ubuntu box using vsftp and to show that how server upload the files, d0wnload and access it by using file zilla

You can follow this HOWTO to set up VSFTP.

Have a look at the tutorial for FileZilla.

Bear in mind that if you are behind a Router that does NATing (most users connect to the internet using one of these) and you want the ftp server to be available to the outside world then you will need to set up port forwarding in your router.

Also make sure that your ip address is static or notify your users when it changes, this is your external ip address by the way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.