LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #1
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Rep: Reputation: 16
Nginx


Hi Friends,

How to configure rewrite url in nginx like

https://domainname.com to https://www.domain.com

can you tel me how to do this in the nginx.

I am using nginx version 1.3.9 and rhel6
thanks
 
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Leo-G
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2013
Distribution: Cent OS 6
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Googling should Have got you this

You need to add the following line in nginx.conf


if ($host = 'www.example.com' ) {
rewrite ^/(.*)$ https://example.com/$1 permanent;


http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-u...http-to-https/
 
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,126

Rep: Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by saran_redhat View Post
Hi Friends,
How to configure rewrite url in nginx like

https://domainname.com to https://www.domain.com

can you tel me how to do this in the nginx. I am using nginx version 1.3.9 and rhel6
Again, as in MANY of your other threads, you need to do some research of your own. And you say you're using RHEL6...have you CALLED RED HAT SUPPORT, or checked their knowledgebase?

Also, in your other thread, you still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names?? Interesting....
 
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Leo-G
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2013
Distribution: Cent OS 6
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Again, as in MANY of your other threads, you need to do some research of your own. And you say you're using RHEL6...have you CALLED RED HAT SUPPORT, or checked their knowledgebase?

Also, in your other thread, you still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names?? Interesting....
If that's the case shouldn't this user be banned ?
 
Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,126

Rep: Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-G View Post
If that's the case shouldn't this user be banned ?
That is up to the moderators, but as of yet, the OP has not explained the reasons behind such things. I know I won't be helping the OP at all, given the circumstances and current information.
 
Old 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
Tinkster
Moderator
 
Registered: Apr 2002
Location: in a fallen world
Distribution: slackware by choice, others too :} ... android.
Posts: 22,962
Blog Entries: 11

Rep: Reputation: 865Reputation: 865Reputation: 865Reputation: 865Reputation: 865Reputation: 865Reputation: 865
Can you guys please stick to "innocent till proven guilty"? Throwing allegations about
isn't very becoming.


Thanks.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,126

Rep: Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkster View Post
Can you guys please stick to "innocent till proven guilty"? Throwing allegations about
isn't very becoming.
I'm not accusing anyone, but am very curious as to the OP's explanation, which they have yet to offer. I only know what I've read so far. Based on what I've seen, and without further information/explanation, there's no way of knowing.

Which is why (since the OP has NOT clarified things), I'll not be in a hurry to help them. But you are exactly right...it could be totally innocent, and the OP could merely be a sysadmin at a hosting company.
 
Old 05-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 16
Nginx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
I'm not accusing anyone, but am very curious as to the OP's explanation, which they have yet to offer. I only know what I've read so far. Based on what I've seen, and without further information/explanation, there's no way of knowing.

Which is why (since the OP has NOT clarified things), I'll not be in a hurry to help them. But you are exactly right...it could be totally innocent, and the OP could merely be a sysadmin at a hosting company.
Hi,

Actual my need is

when I browse https://www.domainname.com is working fine but https://domainname.com is not working. So I need to redirect https://domainname.com to https://www.domainname.com
Please help on this. Thanks
 
Old 05-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #9
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,126

Rep: Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by saran_redhat View Post
Hi,

Actual my need is

when I browse https://www.domainname.com is working fine but https://domainname.com is not working. So I need to redirect https://domainname.com to https://www.domainname.com
Please help on this. Thanks
Please answer our questions. You've been asked a few times now, and seem to ignore them:

You still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names??

Also, did you read/understand post #2?

Last edited by TB0ne; 05-17-2013 at 04:10 PM.
 
Old 05-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #10
saran_redhat
Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 247

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 16
Nginx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Please answer our questions. You've been asked a few times now, and seem to ignore them:

You still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names??

Also, did you read/understand post #2?
Hi,

I am sorry, I can't understand what you are saying. Please can you explain little bit more
Thanks
 
Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #11
jkirchner
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2007
Location: West Virginia
Distribution: Zorin 9
Posts: 542

Rep: Reputation: 129Reputation: 129
He said very plainly: Why are you in India sending emails that look like they are from a bank in the United States with a reply to address in Nigeria. Pretty straightforward if you ask me.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,126

Rep: Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by saran_redhat View Post
Hi,
I am sorry, I can't understand what you are saying. Please can you explain little bit more
Thanks
I find that hard to believe, since you seem to have no problems understanding other questions and answers. jkirchner put it plainly too, and you've been asked several times now. To break it down further:
  • You're in India
  • You're sending out emails that say they're from Wells Fargo Bank (which is NOT in India, but in the US)
  • You're referencing a website from Nigeria (home of the 419 scam) in those emails
  • WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS???
See this very direct question in your other thread. This thread has restated that question, since you now want to know how to do website redirection. Putting the two together seems suspicious.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nginx + php-fpm and nginx modules fantasygoat Linux - Server 0 06-09-2011 12:21 PM
LXer: Nginx+Varnish compared to Nginx LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 04-27-2011 02:30 PM
Nginx experts help me-problem when using Nginx php-fpm !!! HuMan-BiEnG Linux - Server 2 04-17-2011 02:30 PM
NGINX with PHP-FPM vis NGINX with Spawn-FCGI WhisperiN Linux - Server 1 03-15-2011 06:39 PM
nginx cbtshare Linux - Server 6 07-28-2009 11:55 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration