LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   Nginx (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/nginx-4175462185/)

saran_redhat 05-16-2013 02:54 AM

Nginx
 
Hi Friends,

How to configure rewrite url in nginx like

https://domainname.com to https://www.domain.com

can you tel me how to do this in the nginx.

I am using nginx version 1.3.9 and rhel6
thanks

Leo-G 05-16-2013 03:47 AM

Googling should Have got you this

You need to add the following line in nginx.conf


if ($host = 'www.example.com' ) {
rewrite ^/(.*)$ https://example.com/$1 permanent;


http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-u...http-to-https/

TB0ne 05-16-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saran_redhat (Post 4952220)
Hi Friends,
How to configure rewrite url in nginx like

https://domainname.com to https://www.domain.com

can you tel me how to do this in the nginx. I am using nginx version 1.3.9 and rhel6

Again, as in MANY of your other threads, you need to do some research of your own. And you say you're using RHEL6...have you CALLED RED HAT SUPPORT, or checked their knowledgebase?

Also, in your other thread, you still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names?? Interesting....

Leo-G 05-16-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4952457)
Again, as in MANY of your other threads, you need to do some research of your own. And you say you're using RHEL6...have you CALLED RED HAT SUPPORT, or checked their knowledgebase?

Also, in your other thread, you still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names?? Interesting....

If that's the case shouldn't this user be banned ?

TB0ne 05-16-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo-G (Post 4952465)
If that's the case shouldn't this user be banned ?

That is up to the moderators, but as of yet, the OP has not explained the reasons behind such things. I know I won't be helping the OP at all, given the circumstances and current information.

Tinkster 05-16-2013 05:30 PM

Can you guys please stick to "innocent till proven guilty"? Throwing allegations about
isn't very becoming.


Thanks.

TB0ne 05-16-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkster (Post 4952717)
Can you guys please stick to "innocent till proven guilty"? Throwing allegations about
isn't very becoming.

I'm not accusing anyone, but am very curious as to the OP's explanation, which they have yet to offer. I only know what I've read so far. Based on what I've seen, and without further information/explanation, there's no way of knowing.

Which is why (since the OP has NOT clarified things), I'll not be in a hurry to help them. But you are exactly right...it could be totally innocent, and the OP could merely be a sysadmin at a hosting company.

saran_redhat 05-17-2013 02:26 AM

Nginx
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4952724)
I'm not accusing anyone, but am very curious as to the OP's explanation, which they have yet to offer. I only know what I've read so far. Based on what I've seen, and without further information/explanation, there's no way of knowing.

Which is why (since the OP has NOT clarified things), I'll not be in a hurry to help them. But you are exactly right...it could be totally innocent, and the OP could merely be a sysadmin at a hosting company.

Hi,

Actual my need is

when I browse https://www.domainname.com is working fine but https://domainname.com is not working. So I need to redirect https://domainname.com to https://www.domainname.com
Please help on this. Thanks

TB0ne 05-17-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saran_redhat (Post 4952918)
Hi,

Actual my need is

when I browse https://www.domainname.com is working fine but https://domainname.com is not working. So I need to redirect https://domainname.com to https://www.domainname.com
Please help on this. Thanks

Please answer our questions. You've been asked a few times now, and seem to ignore them:

You still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names??

Also, did you read/understand post #2?

saran_redhat 05-18-2013 02:23 AM

Nginx
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4953132)
Please answer our questions. You've been asked a few times now, and seem to ignore them:

You still have not answered about why you're sending emails from India, that claim to be from Wells Fargo Bank in the US, with a reply-to address in Nigeria (home of the 419 scam). And now you're asking about how to change website names??

Also, did you read/understand post #2?

Hi,

I am sorry, I can't understand what you are saying. Please can you explain little bit more
Thanks

jkirchner 05-18-2013 06:46 AM

He said very plainly: Why are you in India sending emails that look like they are from a bank in the United States with a reply to address in Nigeria. Pretty straightforward if you ask me.

TB0ne 05-18-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saran_redhat (Post 4953536)
Hi,
I am sorry, I can't understand what you are saying. Please can you explain little bit more
Thanks

I find that hard to believe, since you seem to have no problems understanding other questions and answers. jkirchner put it plainly too, and you've been asked several times now. To break it down further:
  • You're in India
  • You're sending out emails that say they're from Wells Fargo Bank (which is NOT in India, but in the US)
  • You're referencing a website from Nigeria (home of the 419 scam) in those emails
  • WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS???
See this very direct question in your other thread. This thread has restated that question, since you now want to know how to do website redirection. Putting the two together seems suspicious.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.