LinuxQuestions.org
Visit Jeremy's Blog.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2016, 02:14 AM   #16
ondoho
LQ Addict
 
Registered: Dec 2013
Posts: 15,873
Blog Entries: 9

Rep: Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648Reputation: 4648

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelJack View Post
I fixed it guys thanks you all for the help.
yes, and also tell us (others might benefit) HOW you fixed it.

fwiw, your lspci output shows that you are using the open source radeon driver, and i'll bet this fairly recent card would benefit from using the proprietary driver (fglrx, if memory serves).
 
Old 02-19-2016, 03:32 AM   #17
KernelJack
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Feb 2016
Posts: 16

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondoho View Post
yes, and also tell us (others might benefit) HOW you fixed it.

fwiw, your lspci output shows that you are using the open source radeon driver, and i'll bet this fairly recent card would benefit from using the proprietary driver (fglrx, if memory serves).
Oh yeah, I fixed it using GUI. I thought I could just jump in the command line without getting used to how easy things get done in GUI. so yeah people if your new to linux just use GUI not and the Command line, just yet.
 
Old 02-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #18
BW-userx
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in my head.
Distribution: Slackware (current), FreeBSD, Win10, It varies
Posts: 9,952

Rep: Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147
Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelJack View Post
Oh yeah, I fixed it using GUI. I thought I could just jump in the command line without getting used to how easy things get done in GUI. so yeah people if your new to linux just use GUI not and the Command line, just yet.
nnnoooooo use what ever works for you... it is a combo of both... so yeah do not put off learning the command line only to grow dependent on GUI only.

and just stating I used the GUI to fix my problem does not really help anyone in how to fix a simular problem ... a GUI is what? it could be anything that has a 'window'.
which gui app did you use, what where the steps you used to fix it while utlizing your
graphical user interface to what program that issued the commands for you?

LibreOffice ?
FireFox?
Gparted?
these are all GUI


do you now understand that stating I used the GUI to fix my problem does not really help others to understand how you actually fixed it so they can benifit from your mishaps?

Last edited by BW-userx; 02-19-2016 at 07:24 AM.
 
Old 02-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #19
KernelJack
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Feb 2016
Posts: 16

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW-userx View Post

do you now understand that stating I used the GUI to fix my problem does not really help others to understand how you actually fixed it so they can benifit from your mishaps?
Next time I'll explain how I fixed it and yeah I should have explained what a GUI was, your right.
 
Old 02-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #20
BW-userx
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere in my head.
Distribution: Slackware (current), FreeBSD, Win10, It varies
Posts: 9,952

Rep: Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147Reputation: 2147
Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelJack View Post
Next time I'll explain how I fixed it and yeah I should have explained what a GUI was, your right.
which GUI not what GUI -- k k keew peace
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Desktop is laggy Sushy Linux - Desktop 2 05-11-2009 03:03 AM
laggy artsd clydemaxwell Linux - Software 0 02-03-2006 09:56 AM
Laggy sound DaBlade Linux - Software 3 05-20-2005 11:07 AM
Laggy OS CarnageBox Red Hat 4 11-21-2004 05:32 PM
Laggy ProFTPD? orange400 Linux - Software 1 05-28-2004 03:57 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration