SO I am going to install the perl module HTML::TreeBuilder to my mac, because it does not come with the nativ eperl installation.
the MCPAN is not working
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
Macintosh:casperdaghost$ perl -MCPAN -e 'install HTML::TreeBuilder'
so here are the directions:
1. Download the tarball file from www.cpan.org to your computer
2. Decompress and unpack the tarball file:
gzip -dc file.tar.gz | tar xvf -
3. Go into the folder that was created by the previous command
4. Build the module executing the
5. If everything went well so far, install the module:
make install is
however notice, in no 1 - they say to download the tarball - but they do not say where to download it to. that is what i am asking - what is the acceptable place - in linux nomenclature - to download these files . if i untar this from the Download directory, that where is uncompresses to.
compiled netcat from my home directory. - it seems wrong