LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
chetanmadaan
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 30

Rep: Reputation: 15
install CURL for PHP 5 (Godaddy VPS)


Hi,

we got godaddy VPS working and however.
however, the strange thing is that we don't have CURL installed by default. i mean we should get it with the server itself. but we didn't

we have root ssh access.

i saw this post: http://www.cyberls.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=167 but it didn't worked for me.

any tips on how can we do it.

thanks.

SYSTEM INFO:
PHP Built on: Linux ip-myiphere.ip.secureserver.net 2.6.18-028stab059.6 #1 SMP Fri Nov 14 14:01:22 MSK 2008 i686


PHP Version: 5.3.2
Web Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
centosboy
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: london
Distribution: centos5
Posts: 1,137

Rep: Reputation: 116Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanmadaan View Post
Hi,

we got godaddy VPS working and however.
however, the strange thing is that we don't have CURL installed by default. i mean we should get it with the server itself. but we didn't

we have root ssh access.

i saw this post: http://www.cyberls.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=167 but it didn't worked for me.

any tips on how can we do it.

thanks.

SYSTEM INFO:
PHP Built on: Linux ip-myiphere.ip.secureserver.net 2.6.18-028stab059.6 #1 SMP Fri Nov 14 14:01:22 MSK 2008 i686


PHP Version: 5.3.2
Web Server: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi


didnt work?? why not??
what errors???

what op system is your virtual server run on??
have you tried a yum installation??

can give more if you tell me what your errors were - or paste them here rather...
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
chetanmadaan
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Here is what yum says:

Code:
nexasde23@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]# su -
Password:
root@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]# yum install curl
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * addons: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
 * base: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
 * extras: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
 * update: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
addons                                                   |  951 B     00:00
base                                                     | 2.1 kB     00:00
extras                                                   | 1.1 kB     00:00
update                                                   | 1.9 kB     00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Package curl-7.15.5-2.1.el5_3.5.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
root@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]#
root@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]#
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
centosboy
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: london
Distribution: centos5
Posts: 1,137

Rep: Reputation: 116Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanmadaan View Post
Here is what yum says:

Code:
nexasde23@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]# su -
Password:
root@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]# yum install curl
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * addons: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
 * base: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
 * extras: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
 * update: p3plmirror02.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
addons                                                   |  951 B     00:00
base                                                     | 2.1 kB     00:00
extras                                                   | 1.1 kB     00:00
update                                                   | 1.9 kB     00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Package curl-7.15.5-2.1.el5_3.5.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
root@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]#
root@ip-173-201-26-125 [~]#


curl is installed - so what is the issue then?
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 AM   #5
chetanmadaan
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
seems like curl is installed but it's somehow not working.

thanks.
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
chetanmadaan
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2009
Posts: 30

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
you can see it here on the right side of our site.

http://173.201.26.125/~localiz/master/
 
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
centosboy
Senior Member
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: london
Distribution: centos5
Posts: 1,137

Rep: Reputation: 116Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanmadaan View Post
you can see it here on the right side of our site.

http://173.201.26.125/~localiz/master/
seems the integration with php is broken.

have you tried


Code:
To integrate with PHP (assumed to be already running on the server), perform the following steps.

* Download the php sourcecode from http://php.net

* Untar and cd php-X.X.X

* In your configure command , add “-with-curl=/usr/local”. Php looks for the include/curl/ inside the directory we give here, when configuring.

( tip: To make sure that existing configuration is not lost, get the configure command from phpinfo() )

* make && make install.

* restart apache.

Done !!!
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yum install php-curl trouble wificonnexion Linux - Newbie 7 05-11-2011 01:27 AM
Apache and FTP vps to work more like godaddy shared hosting fishdink Linux - Server 1 06-19-2009 08:55 AM
Yikes! My Godaddy VPS is giving me these errors. Can't register, delete domains or kholt Linux - Newbie 1 06-03-2009 09:24 PM
curl/php/apache install problems ewlnxnewB Linux - Software 2 10-22-2004 04:33 AM
PHP and CURL install on Mandrake 9 dmcentire Linux - Distributions 0 10-21-2002 08:55 PM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration