LinuxQuestions.org
Latest LQ Deal: Complete CCNA, CCNP & Red Hat Certification Training Bundle
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Help by installation phpmyadmin!


Hey,

i have just installed phpmyadmin with
1.
Quote:
apt-get install phpmyadmin
2. I have clicked on "OK" because I havenīt got a Database
3. The windows were closed and that message shown: "flushing administrative password"
4. I have typed "apt-get install phpmyadmin" again but it is already installed.
But the installation window wasnīt the normal window...

And when i use
Quote:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure -plow phpmyadmin
It shows me:
Quote:
lqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqu Configuring phpmyadmin tqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqk
x x
x Since you are reconfiguring phpmyadmin, you may also want to reinstall x
x the database which it uses. x
x x
x If you wish to reinstall the database for phpmyadmin, you should select x
x this option. If you do not wish to do so (if you are reconfiguring the x
x package for unrelated reasons), you should not select this option. x
x x
x Reinstall database for phpmyadmin? x
x x
x <Yes> <No> x
x x
mqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqj
What i have done exactly step by step you can see in my old thread:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...578/page3.html

My Problem is, that i cannot connect to phpmyadmin on firefox with 00.000.00.000/phpmyadmin (0 stand for a number betwenn 1 and 9).

Can I simply reinstall (deinstall and install) phpmyadmin without any Errors or should I (and You) try to "repair" the Problem?

I hope you can help me soon. Thanks a lot for help!!
 
Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Habitual
LQ 5k Club
 
Registered: Jan 2011
Location: Nowhere near you, thank God.
Distribution: OSX Sierra
Posts: 8,576
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
did you also try http://localhost/phpMyAdmin ?
 
Old 11-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
did you also try http://localhost/phpMyAdmin ?
i tryed it now, but it doesnīt work, because my Server isnīt localhost im hosting it by rent it on a Serverhoster (and i cannot do something with the Server while the Problem isnīt solved).
 
Old 11-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
should i reinstall phpmyadmin? or is it possible that than there will be more errors?
 
Old 11-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Habitual
LQ 5k Club
 
Registered: Jan 2011
Location: Nowhere near you, thank God.
Distribution: OSX Sierra
Posts: 8,576
Blog Entries: 15

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKI View Post
should i reinstall phpmyadmin? or is it possible that than there will be more errors?
First off, slow D.O.W.N. and take a deep breath.

Errors at http://Serverhoster/phpMyAdmin ?
Did you try https://Serverhoster/phpMyAdmin ?

What do the logs show in /var/log/* on Serverhoster ?

I have never seen, nor used
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure -plow phpmyadmin
but I have used
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure <package>
many many times.

Last edited by Habitual; 11-20-2014 at 05:39 PM.
 
Old 11-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,225

Rep: Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521
I take it you have NOT read the install instructions .
http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/

is the httpd set for the authentication type you are using ?
and is mysql or MariaDB set for this authentication

have you edited your config files to match YOUR SET UP !!!!
http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/config.html

This is why i RECOMMEND that for the first 12 or so installs of the "lamp" stack
you build and MANUALLY install everything !!!!
then and only then save 30 minutes on the install and use the rpm's or deb's

setting up and CONFIGURING everything is VERY COMPLEX
not hard but COMPLEX
setting up a SECURE install of Apache
is complex
setting up the tables in the database -- while not hard can be a bit complex

adding the web based GUI "PhpMyAdmin "
IS RATHER COMPLEX if you want it SECURE
also all the other ancillary tools like
AWStats
perl
imagemagick ( if adding things that use images like " Gallery2")

all this makes for a bit of a "Gordian's knot" of complexity

none of it is hard to do
you just NEED to study like you would for taking a collage final exam

Last edited by John VV; 11-20-2014 at 05:44 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKI View Post
should i reinstall phpmyadmin? or is it possible that than there will be more errors?
First off, slow D.O.W.N. and take a deep breath.

Errors at http://Serverhoster/phpMyAdmin ?
Did you try https://Serverhoster/phpMyAdmin ?

What do the logs show in /var/log/* on Serverhoster ?
Thanks for your answer,
when i use nitrade.de/phpmyadmin (in this example my Serverhoster is nitrado.de but in real it is another)
I see a page form phpmyadmin where i could login (but I have no password)

But when i try to connect with my IP-Adress from my vServer (Example: "12.345.67.891/phpmyadmin")
It shows me:
Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at 84.200.24.187 Port 80
I think i must reinstall phpmyadmin, because I also have no password or username or something like that could specify.
Should I try to reinstall phpmyadmin? Or is it possible that there will come many Errors while trying deinstall and install phpmyadmin?

Quote:
What do the logs show in /var/log/* on Serverhoster ?
I donīt know, how i could see that with Putty so i searched the files with Filezilla and loaded up the screenshots here:
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/1...p/hhsua67j.png
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/1...p/yodnoasq.png

I hope you can help me, thanks
 
Old 11-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VV View Post
I take it you have NOT read the install instructions .
http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/

is the httpd set for the authentication type you are using ?
and is mysql or MariaDB set for this authentication

have you edited your config files to match YOUR SET UP !!!!
http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/config.html

This is why i RECOMMEND that for the first 12 or so installs of the "lamp" stack
you build and MANUALLY install everything !!!!
then and only then save 30 minutes on the install and use the rpm's or deb's

setting up and CONFIGURING everything is VERY COMPLEX
not hard but COMPLEX
setting up a SECURE install of Apache
is complex
setting up the tables in the database -- while not hard can be a bit complex

adding the web based GUI "PhpMyAdmin "
IS RATHER COMPLEX if you want it SECURE
also all the other ancillary tools like
AWStats
perl
imagemagick ( if adding things that use images like " Gallery2")

all this makes for a bit of a "Gordian's knot" of complexity

none of it is hard to do
you just NEED to study like you would for taking a collage final exam
The installation was only with on step, i couldnīt type in a password or something like that, so it wasnīt the normal installation.
Sorry, my English isnīt the best and with Debian I also havenīt got much experience. So I think to do something manually by my own would be a BIG Mistake becauste than, everything were destroyed by myself
 
Old 11-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,225

Rep: Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521
Quote:
I think i must reinstall phpmyadmin, because I also have no password or username or something like that could specify.
No
you do not need to reinstall
you NEED to configure apache and mysql ( or MariaDB)
AND!!!
configure PhpMyAdmin's CONFIGURE FILE

please read , then REREAD
then reread the rereading
as in study
think of it as ----
installing the software is a "pass / fail " only 400 class
and you MUST!!!!! get a 4.o in the class

Last edited by John VV; 11-21-2014 at 01:49 PM.
 
Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VV View Post
No
you do not need to reinstall
you NEED to configure apache and mysql ( or MariaDB)
AND!!!
configure PhpMyAdmin's CONFIGURE FILE
ok, but why can everybody install phpmyadmin with
Quote:
apt-get install phpmyadmin
And than everybody can choose "Apache2" and the Password and so on..
And I could only click on "OK" and not more?!
And why can everybody completly install phpmyadmin only with the "configuration" in Putty (with the windows which are shown after you typed in "apt-get install phpmyadmin"?

Is it possible thate more Errors are available, when I REINSTALL phpmyadmin?


Thanks
 
Old 11-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,225

Rep: Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521
installing phpmyadmin
is easy
it is ONLY a collection of scripts

scripts YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE!!!

installing ONLY places them in the correct LOCATION


phpmyadmin
and Apache and php and meriadb are NOT like games

you MUST SET THEM UP AND CONFIGURE THEM
you need to configure apache to use the correct authentication that mysql/meria is using
yuo need to CREATE the data base tables in the DATABASE
and reset the default password
user:root
passwordassword

you then NEED to configure pahmyadmin to USE THE AUTHENTICATION method set up in Apache's httpd

installing the FILES
is only about 5 % of the needed tasks

the other 95% is CONFIGURING EVERYTHING
 
Old 11-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VV View Post
installing phpmyadmin
is easy
it is ONLY a collection of scripts

scripts YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE!!!

installing ONLY places them in the correct LOCATION


phpmyadmin
and Apache and php and meriadb are NOT like games

you MUST SET THEM UP AND CONFIGURE THEM
you need to configure apache to use the correct authentication that mysql/meria is using
yuo need to CREATE the data base tables in the DATABASE
and reset the default password
user:root
passwordassword

you then NEED to configure pahmyadmin to USE THE AUTHENTICATION method set up in Apache's httpd

installing the FILES
is only about 5 % of the needed tasks

the other 95% is CONFIGURING EVERYTHING
Thanks,
is it possible that you say me, what to do step by step? :/ Because I really donīt know what to do becaue every tutorial is very easy only with a configuartion in the Setup. But by me there wasnīt more windows where I can cofigurate
And please ALSO answer this question:
Is it possible that more Errors are available, when I REINSTALL phpmyadmin?

Thank you very much

Last edited by DKI; 11-21-2014 at 02:50 PM.
 
Old 11-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #13
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,225

Rep: Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521
step #1
the current Apache documentation
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/

the Mysql Docs
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/


--- maria db the REPLACEMENT for the old mysql
https://mariadb.org/
the php docs
http://php.net/docs.php
and the above PhpMyadmin docs
http://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/


step 2
study and some more studying
write out ON PAPER using a pencil( #2 is good )
a outline for a step by step install

then

reread the documentation and edit the mistakes in the "install outline" you put on paper

step 3
install everything

Last edited by John VV; 11-21-2014 at 04:08 PM.
 
Old 11-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
DKI
Member
 
Registered: Nov 2014
Posts: 46

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Ok, I have know completly reinstalled my vServer and installed again phpmyadmin. Now i could install it right without errors and could type in the password and so on, how it makes everybody.
But I have even the Problem I cannont connect to my vServer / to phpmyadmin with:
Quote:
12.345.67.891/phpmyadmin
(die Numbers are in this example only imaginary, so in real for every Number stands a other Number (between 1-9))

When I try to do this (to type in the "command" which is in the Quote in firefox) i see this "Error":
Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at 84.200.24.187 Port 80
I hope you can help me, thanks!
 
Old 11-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
John VV
LQ Muse
 
Registered: Aug 2005
Location: A2 area Mi.
Posts: 17,225

Rep: Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521Reputation: 2521
well if you will not take the advice
AND READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS , THEN -- BUGGER OFF -- I AM LEAVING .
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with phpMyAdmin installation Yarok Linux - Newbie 3 02-12-2014 05:48 PM
problem on phpMyAdmin installation doublealice Linux - Newbie 2 05-10-2011 10:21 AM
phpmyadmin installation on fedora sriphp Linux - Software 2 04-30-2009 01:07 PM
phpmyadmin installation on fedora sriphp Linux - Software 2 04-30-2009 01:06 PM
PHPMyAdmin 2.5.1 installation VincentB Linux - Software 3 07-19-2003 05:03 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration