LinuxQuestions.org
Download your favorite Linux distribution at LQ ISO.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie
User Name
Password
Linux - Newbie This Linux forum is for members that are new to Linux.
Just starting out and have a question? If it is not in the man pages or the how-to's this is the place!

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
aruneshdutta
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jan 2017
Posts: 15

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Getting error when installing npm ubuntu 16.04


Hello all getting the error installing npm // /curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt install nodejs -y
sudo apt install npm -y error in third execution Ubuntu 16.04
Output of /etc/apt/sources.list &/etc/apt/sources.list.d
https://pastebin.com/LAkTT2ZU

I have mentioned the image showing the error Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	25719
 
Old 08-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 20,723

Rep: Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruneshdutta View Post
Hello all getting the error installing npm // /curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt install nodejs -y
sudo apt install npm -y error in third execution Ubuntu 16.04
Output of /etc/apt/sources.list &/etc/apt/sources.list.d
https://pastebin.com/LAkTT2ZU

I have mentioned the image showing the error Attachment 25719
Much like your other thread about "unmet dependencies"....did you try those steps again???
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...es-4175608570/
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...tu-4175598197/
 
Old 08-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #3
aruneshdutta
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Jan 2017
Posts: 15

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Much like your other thread about "unmet dependencies"....did you try those steps again???
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...es-4175608570/
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...tu-4175598197/
Thanks for the message.I issued the commands as under

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt install npm -y

The same error while intsalling npm
 
Old 08-18-2017, 08:14 AM   #4
TB0ne
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 20,723

Rep: Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093Reputation: 5093
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruneshdutta View Post
Thanks for the message.I issued the commands as under

sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt install npm -y

The same error while intsalling npm
Ok...so its telling you that nodejs wasn't installed and/or is missing. What was the result of the nodejs installation? Did you verify it worked?
https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-16-04
 
  


Reply

Tags
linux, npm, ubuntu


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
npm install latest broke npm Panicked Linux - Software 2 06-14-2017 04:57 PM
LXer: Install npm on Ubuntu 16.04 LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 12-29-2016 10:00 AM
Installing nodejs and npm on Centos NotionCommotion Linux - Newbie 1 11-28-2016 08:59 PM
LXer: NPM creator starts a company to offer npm-related products and services LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 01-17-2014 10:50 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration