LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Newbie (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/)
-   -   443 not opened (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/443-not-opened-4175601348/)

redhatexp 03-08-2017 06:32 PM

443 not opened
 
// readhat
PHP Code:

cat /etc/services grep 443
https           443
/tcp                         # MCom
https           443/udp                         # MCom 

443 is in services, but is not open.

PHP Code:

PORT     STATE SERVICE
22
/tcp   open  ssh
111
/tcp  open  rpcbind
199
/tcp  open  smux
514
/tcp  open  shell
631
/tcp  open  ipp
934
/tcp  open  unknown
4444
/tcp open  krb524
5432
/tcp open  postgres 

How do we make it open?

Appreciate it!

frankbell 03-08-2017 08:02 PM

This might help. https://access.redhat.com/documentat...ipt-basic.html

Do you have SELinux enabled?

JJJCR 03-08-2017 10:44 PM

As Frankbell suggested, you need to check if SELinux is enabled and check as well what firewall you have in your OS.

And one more thing, are you opening the 443 to outside world? or just in the local network?

If opening to Internet, and your network has Hardware Firewall you will need it to be opened there also and map IP to your Redhat box.

check out links below:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...t-7-1-a-13708/
http://www.lophost.com/tutorials/ded...-linux-server/

Good luck!

redhatexp 03-09-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbell (Post 5680904)
This might help. https://access.redhat.com/documentat...ipt-basic.html

Do you have SELinux enabled?


Thank you!
I need to enable https:// (only inside of our network), so would this work?

PHP Code:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables 
-A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT 


redhatexp 03-09-2017 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJJCR (Post 5680938)
As Frankbell suggested, you need to check if SELinux is enabled and check as well what firewall you have in your OS.

And one more thing, are you opening the 443 to outside world? or just in the local network?

If opening to Internet, and your network has Hardware Firewall you will need it to be opened there also and map IP to your Redhat box.

check out links below:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...t-7-1-a-13708/
http://www.lophost.com/tutorials/ded...-linux-server/

Good luck!


Thank you!

It is just for local network.

bathory 03-09-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

cat /etc/services | grep 443
https 443/tcp # MCom
https 443/udp # MCom

443 is in services, but is not open.

PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
111/tcp open rpcbind
199/tcp open smux
514/tcp open shell
631/tcp open ipp
934/tcp open unknown
4444/tcp open krb524
5432/tcp open postgres
How do we make it open?
First of all you need to run a webserver using SSL, so it listens on port 443.
Listing 443 in /etc/services does not mean that there is a service running and listening on that port

Regards


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.