Rate Limiting specific interfaces, specific protocols
I have a network with many wireless clients connected and need to put in some limits to stop any one user taking all the bandwith. I am trying to do this with tc on an openwrt router.
What I would like to do is:
1. Limit the wireless interface down speed to 3mbit and up speed to 200kbit.
2. Limit http and ftp downloads on the wireless to 1mbit.
3. Limit the down speed of the wired connections to 5mbit and upload to 248kbit.
4. Do all this with the least amount of kernel modules.
5. Do all this without limiting bursts or prioritizing traffic.
I was able to do the first parts of 1 and 3 with tc and the sch_tbf module, but I wasn't able to find a guide that was helpful in limiting http and ftp rates and I'm kinda hoping to use less modules/resources and just let traffic pass through the router very quickly.
Any advise/guidance is appreciated
Last edited by debwalker; 05-09-2013 at 10:52 PM.