Flashing SL-5500 = LED lights flash endlessly
I read extensively on how to flash my Zaurus and things seemed to go well up until I pressed the keys and button to flash.
Here are the facts:
- 128 MB Kingston CF card (works fine)
- used the recommended "zImage_collie-40-24"
- used initrd from "oz3.5.2-opie1.1.9-small_T7-EN"
- copied files to the root of CF card
- renamed "zImage_collie-40-24" to "zImage"
- used md5 checksum in terminal and both files were fine
- the Zaurus was turned off when I did the flash operation (none of the literature specified whether it had to be on or off)
- when I held down the "C" and "D" keys and pressed the "Full Reset" button the power and mail lights started flashing... and flashing... and flashing endlessly.
- Its been over an hour now, and yet all the literature I read said it should take less than 15 minutes.
- Is it normal for the lights to flash on and on... for so long?
- Are the flashing lights a sign that the Zaurus is unable to Flash from the CF card?
- Is my Zaurus a brick already, or is there a correct way to get out of the cycle of flashing lights? Do I repeat the "C-D-Full Reset" operation or just "Full Reset" or leave it be overnight and see what happens in the morning?
So far, I haven't done anything.
I've read all kinds of account of things going wrong, but so far nobody has ever mentioned a problem with interminably flashing LEDs.
Last edited by Zeiph; 05-01-2005 at 05:47 PM.