Touchpad issues (Xorg/xinput)
Trying to work out why my touchpad stopped working today.
- I get no response in desktop (mint cinnamon) except for a fraction of a second after login
- I can pick up the output using `od -x /dev/input/mouse1`
- `xinput --list --long` shows the following:
- `xinput set-prop 15 "Device Enabled" 1` has no effect
- Excerpt from Xorg.0.log here.
Why would the device be showing as disabled in xinput listing? and why can't I enable it through xinput?
Welcome to Linux Questions!
This member at Linux Mint installed synaptiks touch pad manager.
This member solved the touch pad problem in Arch; may provide you with a few more ideas to think on.
You could try the 'Fn' key on your laptop that worked for the member in the Arch forum.
I didn't even try it, but when i use the Fn key to activate my touchpad it works.
Troubleshooting for touchpad
Hope this helps
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.|