LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - General (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/)
-   -   Smart Card Reader Drivers (https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/smart-card-reader-drivers-780173/)

kapila_sr 01-06-2010 01:22 AM

Smart Card Reader Drivers
 
hi

I'm trying to configure smart card reader (SCR 331) in RHEL 4 . In fact, It will work on RHEL 5 properly. But it does not work in RHEL 4. Can anybody know how to configure ?

Wait for you

Regards
-Kapila

TB0ne 01-06-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapila_sr (Post 3815774)
hi

I'm trying to configure smart card reader (SCR 331) in RHEL 4 . In fact, It will work on RHEL 5 properly. But it does not work in RHEL 4. Can anybody know how to configure ?

Well, if it works under RHEL5, I'd say use that.

If that's not an option, check the RedHat knoweldgebase, and look for which kernel module supports that hardware. You can try to get the source for it, and compile/install it on RHEL4. Plug the device in on your RHEL5 box, and watch the dmesg output, to see what module(s) are loaded.

Since you're using RHEL, you can also contact RedHat support, since you're paying for it with your RHEL subscription..

kapila_sr 01-07-2010 01:11 AM

Hi

Anybody knows how to install pcscd in Rhel 4?

Regards

TB0ne 01-07-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapila_sr (Post 3817136)
Hi
Anybody knows how to install pcscd in Rhel 4?

Yes, and I told you in the first post. Get the source for that module, and compile it under RHEL4. Or, as I said, call RedHat support, since you're paying for it with your RHEL subscription.

kapila_sr 01-07-2010 11:31 PM

I try to compile source code but it will give error

checking for usb_init... configure: error: libusb not found, use ./configure LIBUSB_LIBS=...


regards
-Kapila

TB0ne 01-08-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapila_sr (Post 3818375)
I try to compile source code but it will give error

checking for usb_init... configure: error: libusb not found, use ./configure LIBUSB_LIBS=...

Ok...so install the missing libusb development libraries, as the message references. You can get them from your RedHat network repository.

And again, can contact RedHat support. They can give you links to what you're looking for, but as I suggested in my first post, use RHEL5, since it works for you, and it's a later release.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.