Linux - GeneralThis Linux forum is for general Linux questions and discussion.
If it is Linux Related and doesn't seem to fit in any other forum then this is the place.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
We have board with Intel Atom processor and Phoenix Award BIOS.
1) When keyboard alone is connected to the board at the startup,the keyboard is detected by BIOS (because it is not showing keyboard error) but either of the two conditions given below happens every time.
a) BIOS is not entering BIOS menu when DEL key is pressed.
b) BIOS enters BIOS menu but,once it enters none of the key press is detected.
Pls note that without keyboard detection,neither BIOS menu will be reached nor the BIOS continues without keyboard error.So in either of the above cases keyborad detection happens.
2) When keyboard along with mouse is connected to the board,there is no problem at all.
3) When 2 keyboards are connected,problem stated in (1) persists.
4) When keyboard is not connected at startup,BIOS shows keyboard error.Now if we connect the keyboard,everything works fine.
5) In bootloader and OS,keyboard works fine.
6) USB analyser was connected to view the transactions happening when board is in condition 1(b).All the key press are received and acknowledged by the processor.ie.No error is identified.The USB enumeration is proper.Similarly the IN,DATA0,DATA1 and ACK packets are proper.
7)Different keyboards were tried.Result is the same.