LinuxQuestions.org
Review your favorite Linux distribution.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software > Linux - Games
User Name
Password
Linux - Games This forum is for all discussion relating to gaming in Linux.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
Xeratul
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Location: UNIX
Distribution: FreeBSD
Posts: 2,357

Rep: Reputation: 213Reputation: 213Reputation: 213
Free Linux games with Unreal Engine?


Hello,

would you eventually know possible free games with Unreal Engine running on Linux?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Engine_games

thank you
 
Old 06-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
ani.alvarez
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Pola de Lena, Spain
Distribution: Ubuntu
Posts: 4

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I would like that too.

I am thinking about your key words in your question: free, engine & linux. (I'm an Unreal's fan)
Maybe I had thought the same question many years ago too.

I am trying to learn how to code at the very first place.

But if you are in a hurry, I have just found this post blog https://rubensa.wordpress.com/2006/0...inux/#more-110

Greetings

Last edited by ani.alvarez; 06-16-2017 at 08:08 PM.
 
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #3
Xeratul
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Location: UNIX
Distribution: FreeBSD
Posts: 2,357

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 213Reputation: 213Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani.alvarez View Post
I would like that too.

I am thinking about your key words in your question: free, engine & linux. (I'm an Unreal's fan)
Maybe I had thought the same question many years ago too.

I am trying to learn how to code at the very first place.

But if you are in a hurry, I have just found this post blog https://rubensa.wordpress.com/2006/0...inux/#more-110

Greetings

The first EPIC GT Unreal (1998) is abandonware. This first Unreal was for me the best released, with actually the second map. The large maps, with mountains, are superbe.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
Shadow_7
Senior Member
 
Registered: Feb 2003
Distribution: debian
Posts: 3,331
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 690Reputation: 690Reputation: 690Reputation: 690Reputation: 690Reputation: 690
From that list I recognize lincity and torcs, missing from it is bzflag. I doubt any of those use the real engine though. But two of those are 3D and free.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Xeratul
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Location: UNIX
Distribution: FreeBSD
Posts: 2,357

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 213Reputation: 213Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_7 View Post
From that list I recognize lincity and torcs, missing from it is bzflag. I doubt any of those use the real engine though. But two of those are 3D and free.
no opensource game can beat the perfection of Return to Na Pali, considered its time. At that time, Unreal in 1998 was at the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUGdAW_utlk

Last edited by Xeratul; 06-17-2017 at 03:57 PM.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #6
ani.alvarez
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2017
Location: Pola de Lena, Spain
Distribution: Ubuntu
Posts: 4

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Wink

I firstly met Unreal 1 at 2000 because my cousin Roberto. At that time, we had in our grandmother house at the village a computer, now I remember the table at the corner of the bedroom I sleept.

I also remember how I had tought about this game even when I was working on the countryside by that summers.

I love that music. It carries me to another time, time later I found the recopilation on internet and the Napali addon too, and although it is good, but not so much as the other for my consideration. I belive I like original things, the very first versions.

About the graphics, it was a big improvement from doom2 from Idsofware and I am a type of person who cares about that things.

I am glad of been able to play sometimes along this time, and I thank somehow the technology to allow me do that.

they are good thoughts. . .
 
Old 06-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #7
Xeratul
Senior Member
 
Registered: Jun 2006
Location: UNIX
Distribution: FreeBSD
Posts: 2,357

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 213Reputation: 213Reputation: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani.alvarez View Post
I firstly met Unreal 1 at 2000 because my cousin Roberto. At that time, we had in our grandmother house at the village a computer, now I remember the table at the corner of the bedroom I sleept.

I also remember how I had tought about this game even when I was working on the countryside by that summers.

I love that music. It carries me to another time, time later I found the recopilation on internet and the Napali addon too, and although it is good, but not so much as the other for my consideration. I belive I like original things, the very first versions.

About the graphics, it was a big improvement from doom2 from Idsofware and I am a type of person who cares about that things.

I am glad of been able to play sometimes along this time, and I thank somehow the technology to allow me do that.

they are good thoughts. . .
Unreal is really unreal, isn't it? The atmosphere is for a good thing. It is actually more getting your inside the game than halflife.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LXer: Unreal Engine 4 Now Has Linux Demo Games To Try LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 07-07-2014 08:42 PM
LXer: Epic Games Roadmap For Unreal Engine Now Available, Linux Native Editor Is On It LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 05-08-2014 07:50 PM
LXer: Icculus's thoughts on Unreal Engine 3 games on Linux LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 01-02-2013 09:30 PM
LXer: Will Unreal Engine 4 Games Come To Linux? LXer Syndicated Linux News 0 06-10-2012 03:51 AM
unreal engine games with no linux version? jkh Linux - Games 1 02-06-2006 08:21 AM

LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software > Linux - Games

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration