LFS:- Error while compiling GCC (configure-target-libgcc)
I'm working on LFS(7.2), I got struck up while compiling GCC. Let me brief you this. I started with the basic of creating partitions, users and other things. I successfully configured binutilities and It got compile without error. In the case of GCC I untared all the three files (mpfr,gmp,mpc) and I configured as specified in the book, without any error. While compiling GCC it got compiled for 30 mins and then it throw me an error as.
checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-strip... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-strip
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc... /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/./gcc/xgcc -B/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/./gcc/ -B/tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/include -isystem /tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/sys-include
checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/i686-lfs-linux-gnu/libgcc':
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** [configure-target-libgcc] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I need to resolve this please guide me.
My version check
My configlog content
I can only give you a general answer when it comes to this error (configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile): Remove all you've done in chapter 5 and start again.
I've seen this error a few times in other threads and none of those have a specific solution. Those people that did start again reported success afterwards, which would point to a typo or misunderstanding of the commands in the first run.
Drunna Thank you for your valuable comment.
Drunna it was resolved after examining the conflog file the actual issue is the absents of some packages in primary OS, the packages like g++,CC++,lex and some other's too. I came to know these package's are "not found" state in the conflog file, I just installed all those packages in my primary OS after that I did "make clean" and "make" It was done successively. I'm not sure this is the perfect way to resolve this or not, But this was working for me.
BTW: The version check output looks almost correct, one entry might give problems: gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2
From the book:
If you think this is solved, please put up the [SOLVED] tag.
- above the first post -> Please Mark this thread as solved if you feel a solution has been provided.
- -or- -
- first post -> Thread Tools -> Mark this thread as solved
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.|