eh...I figured it out.
1) Booted up liveDVD
2) From the liveDVD, I copied the entire /usr/share/syslinux directory to a spare flashdrive.
3) Booted back into Windows XP.
4) From the saved syslinux directory, copied vesamenu.c32 to the /syslinux folder of my LiveDVD flashdrive (my G: drive)
5) Reinstalled the syslinux bootloader to the liveDVD flashdrive (from the saved syslinux directory).
syslinux.exe -maf -d /syslinux g:
6) (optional) - Delete the unused /boot and /EFI folders from the LiveDVD flashdrive.
Now it's working. While I don't know what version Scientfic linux requires, I can say the version found on the LiveDVD works.